Resource icon

BLUEJACKET WARRIORS 2023-02-16

No permission to download

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Being the rear snuffy of rear snuffies (4402 Judge Advocate), after OCS and The Basic School, I learned that every MOS is a combat MOS

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
WE have US Army and Marines in ASL.
Now add the US Navy.
Next is to find a way for the US Army Air Corps.

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Provisional air corps regiments in the Philippines 1942, though there might be a scenario on them already.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WE have US Army and Marines in ASL.
Now add the US Navy.
Next is to find a way for the US Army Air Corps.
BFP has quite a few attractive counters for the USAAF's aircraft in some of their modules.

I can't imagine where one would even begin to find reference material to research the ground combat actions of USAAF maintenance personnel. If there are any documented accounts of such actions, I would be very interested in hearing about them, especially since my late father served as an enlisted man in the 73rd Bombardment Group on Saipan.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
BFP has quite a few attractive counters for the USAAF's aircraft in some of their modules.

I can't imagine where one would even begin to find reference material to research the ground combat actions of USAAF maintenance personnel. If there are any documented accounts of such actions, I would be very interested in hearing about them, especially since my late father served as an enlisted man in the 73rd Bombardment Group on Saipan.
You may find Black Snow (James A. Scott) to be of interest. Reading it right now. Chronicles the Marianas-based B-29 campaign. Some good anecdotal material about life on Saipan and the fact that they had residual Japanese forces around the airfield. Not enough, though, for scenario generation. If your dad was there, you’ll find it a good read.

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You can find both USAAF and USN personnel fighting Japanese troops in ASL scenario O19 (Hey, Mac!) in Special Ops issue #10.

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looking at the info on ASL Scenario Archive for SP166 Blue Jacket Attack, it appears to be the same engagement featured in ASL scenario O19 (Hey, Mac!). They both take place on 23 January 1942 around Mt. Pucot, Luzon, in the Philippines. However, ASL scenario O19 (Hey, Mac!) adds to the US Order of Battle members of the (USAAF) 3rd Pursuit Squadron fighting as ground troops.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well Steve, you could always work up a quick scenario about the time a USN submarine sunk a train in Japan in mid 1945.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
I did do a scenario once where a sub's deck gun was used as fire support for Marines ashore...
but it was not well received.
Well Steve, you could always work up a quick scenario about the time a USN submarine sunk a train in Japan in mid 1945.
Yep... 1 movement phase with 1First Fire shot.
Short and quick pick-up scenario.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, it was the debarked crew making a raid along the coast and setting up explosives to blow up a troop train. It would still be a pretty short scenario if one only concentrated on the actual blowing up of the train. However, is one were to base a scenario upon the operation to get away with it, including Japanese efforts to prevent the attack and hunt down the raiders before and after the raid, it could be a bit longer.