Block Formation

cbelva

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Been playing Musket and Pike for about one week and enjoying it. I am not too familiar with this time period. I don't understand the 3d figures used for the block formation. It appears to me that they are always facing backwards. It looks strange to me. I guess I would like to see a better illustration of the block formation as to how it looked and how it was used. Can someone explain to me what I am looking at. Thanks:confused:

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Its a bug and will be corrected in 1.02...which we hope to have out in the very near future.

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I've just been replaying this game, and I have a question about block formation.

In the Flodden scenario most of the English Billmen units can form block, but I don't usually bother as forming line allows the archers to give max fire. Is there any reason why I should use block instead of line? What are the advantages of using that formation?

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
It has to do with defensive factors relating to cavalry - see the "Tactics" section of the Notes.pdf file for more details. Lots of good reading in that file BTW.