Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Nicel
I thought about this and came up with a simple colorful chart for determining blind hexes.
Nice, I usually figure this out but in large board configurations, with multiple levels, whether buildings or hills, this could come in very handy and help speed things along. I'll bet it will see a lot of use in Manilla when it comes out.

Well done, another nice player aid from this community! Vic.

MTL

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Very cool! Simpler than what I came up with to solve the problem:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
There is also a VASL Extension called 'Lazy LOS'. It can be downloaded on vasl.info or by following this link.

von Marwitz
A real handy tool.

Just a word.....it breaks down in the degenerative case where the obstacle in question is between two end points at the same level...i.e. vanilla blocked LOS.

Not sure but I also think it breaks down when the obstacle is at the same level as one (or both?) of the end points.

In short, LasyLOS does NOT determine is LOS exists (in spite of what it says reporting the results). It only tells you how many blind hexes there are behind an obstacle. Nothing more, Nothing less.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A real handy tool.

Just a word.....it breaks down in the degenerative case where the obstacle in question is between two end points at the same level...i.e. vanilla blocked LOS.

Not sure but I also think it breaks down when the obstacle is at the same level as one (or both?) of the end points.

In short, LasyLOS does NOT determine is LOS exists (in spite of what it says reporting the results). It only tells you how many blind hexes there are behind an obstacle. Nothing more, Nothing less.
Seems to work fine in that case.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A real handy tool.

I rarely use it - probably because I found that it sometimes does not give correct results. But I never grokked under which circumstances. It must be exactly the cases you describe.

von Marwitz