Black Jack is Back!

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know if FF-10, Black Jack is Back, was changed from the original when the HOB Update was published???

Rob

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder why the balance seems to have shifted from even(42-46), to pro-American.....(8-3)? Maybe the sample size is too small for the updated version.......

Rob

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In the German Balance, it states "the Americans must earn >= 14 CVP more than the Germans or earn >= 24 CVP to win."

However, in the Tactical Objective it states "the Americans win at game end if they have earned >12 CVP ... The Americans immediately win if they accumulate >= 30 CVP ...

So the conundrum is the German balance favours the Americans; checked the HoB errata page and nothing.

Anybody got something on this mistake?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Looking at my scanned version:

American: +10, 26
Neutral: +12, 30
German: +14, 24

Looking at the progression, the US excess goes 10-12-14 when swinging from pro-US to pro-German. I would suggest that the total required that goes 26-30-24 should read 26-30-34, IE the 24 was a typo and should be 34.

That is purely my speculation, I have nothing to do with HoB, just simply looking at patterns.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looking at my scanned version:

American: +10, 26
Neutral: +12, 30
German: +14, 24

Looking at the progression, the US excess goes 10-12-14 when swinging from pro-US to pro-German. I would suggest that the total required that goes 26-30-24 should read 26-30-34, IE the 24 was a typo and should be 34.

That is purely my speculation, I have nothing to do with HoB, just simply looking at patterns.
Agree

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Remember, when HOB published their "Update", they deleted all of the existing errata from their web site, presumably in an attempt to force everyone to buy the new product. That was the point for me when HOB stopped being a company whose products I was interested in (and I never purchased the Update).

Here is the errata for FF10 "Blackjack is Back!" in my collection:

HOB Errata said:
Only hexrows A-P (inclusive) are playable. {RbF #1}

Tactical Objective should read: The U.S. player wins at game end if he has earned ≥ 12 CVPs more than the German player. The U.S. player also earns CVPs for Good Order Infantry units which exit the map (treated as Exit VPs) from an east edge road hex. The U.S, player also immediately wins if he earns ≥ 30 CVPs (including Exit VPs as above) at any time during the game [EXC: Prisoners do not count double for any VC purposes].

HSR 6: Delete the sentence within parentheses about the SS 4-4-7/2-3-7s.

German OB: The StuG IIIG should have ‑/‑/2* as MG values, per the normal counter.
There was no errata (and none seems to be needed) for the German Balance provisions, which change the VC numbers to "14" and "34" respectively. (The American Balance changes the numbers to "10" and "26".)