Black Friday Sale at MMP -- TCS and SCS titles available

ASL Maineiac

Reaction score
Hey everyone. MMP is having a nice sale today...and today only!
http://www.multimanpublishing.com/sale/blackfriday.php
I just bought SCS Afrika and TCS Leros. I'm an ASLer and have never played either system. Anyone care to chime in on these two systems for a noobie? Also, there are a few other TCS titles that were appealing (Hunters from the Sky) but had lower rankings and more negative comments on BGG than Leros...why do the rankings and comments vary so much from one game to another in the same system?
Thanks.
Whit

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey everyone. MMP is having a nice sale today...and today only!
http://www.multimanpublishing.com/sale/blackfriday.php
I just bought SCS Afrika and TCS Leros. I'm an ASLer and have never played either system. Anyone care to chime in on these two systems for a noobie? Also, there are a few other TCS titles that were appealing (Hunters from the Sky) but had lower rankings and more negative comments on BGG than Leros...why do the rankings and comments vary so much from one game to another in the same system?
Thanks.
Whit
I tried to purchase Africa but kept on getting an error message when I finalized the purchase .. oh well no big deal

So you're new to SCS and TCS. I've only played SCS games a few times and found the fun factor there as long as your not big on detail, as in ASL. : ) SCS are simple games that are meant to be fun.

TCS is a system that tries to follow a greater detailed historical mix but with enough gaming mechanics to still make it playable. The big thing about TCS is the Command Prep and Operation Orders. This will have an effect on your battle.

HftS does not use Ops Sheets but I think the game's Special Rules restricts the ability of the Brits to properly react to the Germans.

Leros is different .. you have to rely on Ops Sheets and this can change the situation depending on the Brits response to the Germans and how quickly this can happen.

I've only played these two once and this was many moons ago. But that maybe one of the big differences that BGG's found. Both games are still pretty good in my books : )

Larry

Lehr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you picked up 2 good games to get into the SCS and TCS.

Afrika is highly regarded. It has some short scenarios to learn the system and a campaign game that starts out with relatively few counters.

Leros is a great entry into TCS. The smaller scenarios do not have any vehicles, so you can skip all the rules sections relating to vehicles as you read the rules.

If you haven't done so already, make sure you check out the Gamers Archive on the MMP website especially the latest TCS rules.

Lehr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hunters from the Sky has 2 versions. The version in the game box does not use the command rules and is too easy for the Germans. The variant in the Gamers Archive is supposed to be more balanced. I think this situation hurt its rating on BGG.

Last edited: