Bitter Ender Live Updates

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This year's BE is underway with "frenemy" games with twenty plus players so far getting ready for tomorrow's Grognard main event. Weather is perfect and about 70 outside but is expected to get colder lest players get to used to fresh air and sunshine. We'll get some pictures uploaded later today.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Round two (not the scenario but otherwise sweet sixteen) is getting underway. Winners of Round one: Brothers Stanhagen, Cirillo, Crawford, Reenstra, Jackson, Stoppel, Stephens, Kearney, Palmer, Fritz Jr.,Mioduski, Daughtey, Lipka, Sheppard, Harviala

The defeated have a choice of three mini-tournaments starting tomorrow, "Getting the Boot", "Three-ring Circus" and "Friendly Encounters."
Pictures of the seeding and a large Schmidt scenario being played by Hutton and McWilliams.

Attachments

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
and the award for best tournament update goes to Ray...:hellyes:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I predict a Stanhagen v Stanhagen for the crown.

Last edited:

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
As some Facebook users already know, this year's Bitter Ender has come and gone. The final matches of both the Grognard and Minis were played today.

The Grognard final featured Doug Sheppard and Tom Kearney with Tom winning in "Stopped Cold". Both finalists played grueling and close matches in round four against Phil Palmer and Bill Cirillo in "The Land of Fire" guaranteeing that a North Carolinian would finally prevail down home after ten years.

The mini winners were Tim Deane, Mikka Harviala and Dan Stanhagan. The sportsmanship award went to Gary Bartlett.

As we have not finished all the paperwork at this time please keep your eye out for the list of scenarios played, photos, etc. here on GameSquad. Approximately 46 players were in attendance throughout the tournament. As the final Grognard match was played to its completion, Phil and Bill consoled :) themselves with others by playing "Terraforming on Mars".

Many thanks to Locke Monroe who handled the administrative duties while I :study: attempted to answer the inevitable rules questions hopefully to everyone's satisfaction.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As some Facebook users already know, this year's Bitter Ender has come and gone. The final matches of both the Grognard and Minis were played today.

The Grognard final featured Doug Sheppard and Tom Kearney with Tom winning in "Stopped Cold". Both finalists played grueling and close matches in round four against Phil Palmer and Bill Cirillo in "The Land of Fire" guaranteeing that a North Carolinian would finally prevail down home after ten years.

The mini winners were Tim Deane, Mikka Harviala and Dan Stanhagan. The sportsmanship award went to Gary Bartlett.

As we have not finished all the paperwork at this time please keep your eye out for the list of scenarios played, photos, etc. here on GameSquad. Approximately 46 players were in attendance throughout the tournament. As the final Grognard match was played to its completion, Phil and Bill consoled :) themselves with others by playing "Terraforming on Mars".

Many thanks to Locke Monroe who handled the administrative duties while I :study: attempted to answer the inevitable rules questions hopefully to everyone's satisfaction.
Great job back as tournament director Ray!

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great job Ray and Locke. Excellent tournament, good fun and well managed. See y'all next year. Congrats Tom on the championship.

Mike

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm catching up with work after a week off. I'll get the final results of all matches posted next week.

Also, Mika Harviala beat Ken Daughety in the finals of the Getting the Boot Mini.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can we see the scenario results? I am looking to wrap up the St Louis tourney list. 4 or 5 of the scenarios you guys used are on my draft list for St Louis.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can we see the scenario results? I am looking to wrap up the St Louis tourney list. 4 or 5 of the scenarios you guys used are on my draft list for St Louis.
Hi Doug results should be posted sometime next week. Life has been really busy for me post tournament.