Bishop Pointers - A Series of Short Articles on Variety of ASL Topics

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd like to see the next Journal. It helps keep the ASL level in my blood at a near normal setting (useful between core modules being received
and HASL modules being received. Action Packs fulfill the same function).

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
I am not sure the reason that Journal 13 has not seen the light of day is a lack of submissions, etc. It might as well be the lack of resources - proofing/edition/layout/whatever.
I thought it was problems with the map, board 77, and the scenarios that use it that have caused the delay. The board and scenarios had to be revised and play tested again to MMP's exacting standards.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps Perry Cocke or Chas Argent could post an answer on this thread. An official response will be better received
than many unofficial guesses.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I thought it was problems with the map, board 77, and the scenarios that use it that have caused the delay. The board and scenarios had to be revised and play tested again to MMP's exacting standards.
I doubt that's the case - board 77 has already been printed. Where did you pick up that information, btw?

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
How long did the second map bundle sit idle before publication after reaching it's pre-order goal? Over a year, waiting for revisions to board 77 to be completed? Once the revisions were finalized, the map pack was printed. That was released earlier this year or late last year, I do not recall. Just supposition on my part based on circumstances.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Over a year, waiting for revisions to board 77 to be completed? Once the revisions were finalized, the map pack was printed. That was released earlier this year or late last year, I do not recall. Just supposition on my part based on circumstances.
IIRC, board 77 was done before the second map bundle was done/put-on-preorder. I don't think there were any revisions to the map.

My proofing file of board 77 is from 2016.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The supplemental map bundle took 3+ years to reach its pre-order #. I know, because nearly 4 years to the day I submitted my
pre-order for it, I received my supplemental map bundle this past spring.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I am almost 100 % you are incorrect. Bishop, if that's who you are talking about, has not been on this forum for quite a bit.
So you follow his web browsing habits?
Most posts have about 1k views....since only about 30 people post....they have a bad memory when reading.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, I talk to him outside of this forum.

At this moment, he is no longer on this forum and has not been for quite some time. I am sure that 'The Management' could tell you the day he left if they chose to.

Dude, please stop acting like a d**k.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
FWIW, even though Jim is banned, he can still browse the forums.