Binary Domain

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, it is clear that cyberpunk is the new "zombie" in the world of gaming. Truth be told, I'd much rather have it this way as I find zombies to be icky after awhile. :)

Here's a trailer for Sega's Binary Domain:

[video=youtube;Q9JsneE1UqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9JsneE1UqU[/video]

Here's hoping Hollywood jumps on this trend, too.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, it is clear that cyberpunk is the new "zombie" in the world of gaming. Truth be told, I'd much rather have it this way as I find zombies to be icky after awhile. :)
Not to mention that zombie games get boring after a while as it's all the same. Cyberpunk has much much more to offer. And if Hollywood does then lets hope it's actually decent material and any borrowed isn't butchered.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I guess Neuromancer will be the first new cyberpunk movie since Blade Runner because it has already entered pre-production (the director of SPLICE is helming that one, so it could be good). And Spielberg has a script ready for Ghost in the Shell (the same scriptwriter as Shutter Island, so also good), but it seems to have stopped there. I am worried that Spielberg will try and turn GitS into AI, but let's hope not. :)

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I guess Neuromancer will be the first new cyberpunk movie since Blade Runner because it has already entered pre-production (the director of SPLICE is helming that one, so it could be good). And Spielberg has a script ready for Ghost in the Shell (the same scriptwriter as Shutter Island, so also good), but it seems to have stopped there. I am worried that Spielberg will try and turn GitS into AI, but let's hope not. :)
Apparently Spielberg is a big fan of the series not to mention I think it'd be difficult to do an "AI" version of GitS. And that video in the Deus thread was really cool so who knows, we might see the start of a new trend.