BIG TROUBLE WITH NEW BFP EXTENSION

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
I am having an awful time trying to download the Bounding Fire Production Extension -- BFPv5.00.vmdx . Somehow, I've managed to declare it a "Notebook" file, which obviously does not work. Big Al suggested I try a PDF file, and so far that is not working, either. Could somebody help me with this PLEASE!!!!!

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Probably should get on the discord server and do a screen share….

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
The ASL discord server. Either way, the file association in Windows won’t affect its functioning. I set my extensions to be “word files” to show another user it’s irrelevant.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Googling "set file extension associations windows 10" will get you some answers real fast.

I am not sure that will help you with your problem however. Tell us what happens when you try to download the BFP extension. You click on the link and something downloads? Look in your downloads folder - is there a downloaded file and if so, what is it's name?

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
This is probably a mis-configured server. They need to set the MIME type for the .vmdx extension (and any other unusual ones) - application/octet-stream is probably the one to use.

Until then, right-clicking on the link and choosing "Save as" should do the trick.