Big MMP Announcement from Brian

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Brian:

No, we're not going out of business. No, we haven't run out of Yanks yet.

This warehouse relocation situation has us at MMP thinking about pipelines and products and it has become quite clear that running the business is almost a full time job and layout is almost a full time job. And we've got one guy (me) doing both.

We decided to do something about that. This requires an immediate fix.

We are glad to announce that we've hired Charlie Kibler to assist us in ASL layout. Charlie's going to work on a project by project basis, and in our discussions we laid out at least a year's worth of work.

First up will be finishing AOO counters and the finishing work on the rules, scenarios (ie., plugging in the soon to be finished artwork into those items). He'll be set up and running within the week, we hope, as he required some more current software and, of course, what we've got to date.

After that, a slew of projects stuck in the pipeline. Valor of the Guards, Haaka Paalle (i'm adding letters until I get it right!), Ortona, Red October, Rotterdam, Warsaw, Action Packs #3 and #4, and a slew of other products.

But what about the other company we'd been talking to? Ken Smith (artist of the Journal #4 and Journal #5 covers) and his company will be doing some layout work for us as well. I've discussed this briefly with him and their first product will be Shifting Sands. We'll be getting him the latest card manifests and rules to begin layout (Dean's got the map done, and we'll need to tweak the counters to reflect card changes I expect, but otherwise they're finished as well - call 'em "like done").

With Dean set up on The Gamers line, Charlie doing a ton of ASL layout, and Ken handling some of the various miscellaneous games I think we're finally set with experts handling the layout and finishing work chores of getting games out the door.

We think this is all good news, we hope you do too.

MMP

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to Charlie, emailing him now! He showed me a preview of the Red October map that he has been working on for some time now and what I saw looked great.

Hopefully this wont affect our pbem time together though. :cheeky:

paulkenny

Reaction score
Congratulations on adding such well renowned names to your team.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
By the way Keith - I got your email via the ASLML re: Ortona the other week - I realized you were busy, but I think you just gave me an idea of HOW busy. Just so you know, I'm still interested in doing anything I can to help with the Ortona HASL module. I'll wait for your reply at my email address. Sounds exciting - hey, I took some of your warehouse stock off your hands, so I'm doing my bit to help, right? :D

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Music to my ears when the credit card machine beeps. :cheeky:

Thanks for the order and thanks for your patience.

Petros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian and Keith,
Hiring Charlie K. - you made my day :bounce:
Not only does Charlie have a professional's eye, he has probably the best 'ASL eye' ever. Welcome back Charlie!
Don

D-ploy

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sounds cool

Well this is certainly good news. I would be interested in what "Hakkaa Päälle" means (translated to English). Maybe someone more fluent in Finnish could help out? :hmmm:

Oliver

da priest

Reaction score
D-ploy said:
Well this is certainly good news. I would be interested in what "Hakkaa Päälle" means (translated to English). Maybe someone more fluent in Finnish could help out? :hmmm:

Oliver
shows the soft side of our Finnish brothers: "Cut them down."

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>"Cut them down."

No, no, no!

Hakkaa means Hocka or in English, "Hock a"

Päälle means Patuee or in English, "Pa Tu ee" (the sound you make when you spit).

So we come up with the final version of "Hock a Pat Tu ee"

So, the Wolkster translation meter says, "I spit on you!"

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
D-ploy said:

Oliver
Seems that there's one more letter added every month to that module! "Hakka pälle" is the correct way to spell it (I hope!) :halo:

Here's a translation from a text on Gustaf II Adolf and the Polish War - and more specifically the battle of Wallhof 1626:

The dragoons were mainly finnish, the so called "Hakkapällites" after their battlecry "Hakka pälle" which means "strike to the head" but has been translated to "charge". http://members.tripod.com/Strv102r/gustaf_4.htm

-H

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jay White said:
Great news!! Hopefully its just the thing MMP needed to clear up the bottleneck.
Heard that a journal will probably be out in time for the MMP tournament.

Is the 2nd edition rulebook the "cork" in the bottle?

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
cujo8-1 said:
Heard that a journal will probably be out in time for the MMP tournament.

Is the 2nd edition rulebook the "cork" in the bottle?
I doubt there was any single 'cork'.

Sounded more like LOTS of work to do across several projects, and too few people doing it.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All I wanna know

all I wanna know is this gona make stuff come out faster ? That's all that matters....

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds great. I know I did my part to relieve the warehouse issue.

And for those keeping score I did NOT get to the packages before my wife did... :nervous: