Big Memorial Day Sale!

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

If you have been waiting to pick up one of our titles, you will probably not get a better opportunity... from now until 26 May, Shrapnel is running a sale on all of its titles, including ours:

$7.00 off the following titles:

Air Assault Task Force (fun with helicopters!)
ATF: Armored Task Force (fun with tanks!)
Raging Tiger: The Second Korean War (fun with North Koreans!)
The Star and the Crescent (more fun with tanks!)

$5.00 off of these titles:

BCT Commander Safe Box Edition (modern land combat!)
The Falklands War: 1982 (penguins armed with Exocets!)

Head over to ShrapnelGames.com to check out the sale.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pat, can you remind us which of these are in one "chain", where each subsequent game's code will work on the previous game's data?

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BCT Commander is a separate, stand alone game.

The order of precedence for the other games is:

ATF, RT, TFW, TSATC

Air Assault Task Force is also a stand alone game, but it is backwards compatible with the ATF series, so you can install it over any or all of the others (installed in the above order over one another) and upgrade all of them to the new engine :)

Keystone:

We have a complete design for the operational game. However, right now, the market is just inundated with wargames. 2007 was a banner year for wargame enthusiasts, but it was a slaughterhouse for developers. There were just too many titles on the market for the number of customers. Modern wargames got muscled out first by the more popular WWII genre. Games like AATF and CM:SF have particularly taken a beating.

The bottom line is that we simply cannot afford to continue the operational game right now. We are going to have to recover some more of our investment in AATF before we can do anything but preliminary work on the coding of a new engine. We are continuing to march ahead on a number of projects for the AATF engine, but the operational game is on hold indefinitely.

Believe me. No one is more upset by this than I. Once I get a game in my head, I am driven to see it become a reality. And I really believe this game is going to be revolutionary, if it ever sees the light of day. Unfortunately, for now, fiscal realities have intruded. Sorry.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks.

Speaking of Raging Tiger(s), what ever happened to Curt?

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Believe me. No one is more upset by this than I. Once I get a game in my head, I am driven to see it become a reality. And I really believe this game is going to be revolutionary, if it ever sees the light of day. Unfortunately, for now, fiscal realities have intruded. Sorry.

Pat:
I've been looking forward to this game since you first mentioned it. I'll do my part by purchasing new AATF engine games you publish. I'm sure ATF/AATF for the "eastern front" will be a big seller.

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curt is alive and well here in Kansas :)

We have been working intermittently on a project that was to be released as an episodic mini-game in Armchair General. Unfortunately, we are still waiting on them to publish the first article/game combo.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Duh. 2007 was my worst wargame year so far, too.

I'll talk to my minster of finances about the memorial day sale.

Does in engine still require a certain color depth? Or can you run in 16, 24 and 32 now?