Big 10 Prez- a joke

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The guy can say what he wants but he needs to get his facts straight...

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—Ohio State’s president says TCU and Boise State don’t deserve to be in the BCS title game even if they run the table....

“I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it’s like murderer’s row every week for these schools. We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day.

I forgot, Marshall 4-7 (beaten 45-7), Ohio 8-3 (beat 43-7) and Eastern Michigan 2-9 (beat 73-20) are terrors of the gridiron. I'll believe him when Ohio St. or any other Big 10 school starts accepting offers from TCU & Boise State and putting them on their schedules. (I remember when no one would play Fresno St. in fear of losing to them)

It's just another excuse to keep the Championship title & money "in-house" by the supposedly elite schools.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-ohiostpresident-bcs

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least I wasn't the only one to see how stupid the guy is:

Here’s the problem: Gee clearly has no idea what he is arguing about, or for, let alone how the BCS formula works, why it exists or how a playoff could actually operate.
His comments don’t contain the logic of reality (Boise State would accept a Big Ten membership in 0.001 seconds and TCU is now begging for a game with the Buckeyes) and are ignorant of Ohio State’s actual strength of schedule (closer to the Little Sisters of the Poor than Gee realizes).

His militant opposition to settling the sports championship on the field of play isn’t based on any obvious knowledge of anything. It just exists. Since Gordon Gee loves being in the media and couldn’t resist causing a fire storm nationally, he spoke out anyway.

The funny thing is that his blind swings at defending the maligned system actually tear it down.
Gee may think he’s arguing for the BCS, but he’s actually arguing against it.

More:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-bcsosu112410

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States