Biden has a pretty decent health care plan / idea

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here it is:

keep Obamacare;
add a Medicare buy-in;
phase in a corporate health care mandate that eventually covers everyone, with the option to either provide insurance or pay a payroll tax;
and guarantee subsidies such that no one ever has to pay more than 10 percent of their income in premiums.

Do the Republicans have any serious ideas on health care, beyond medical savings accounts (which I do not consider a serious idea)?

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here it is:

keep Obamacare;
add a Medicare buy-in;
phase in a corporate health care mandate that eventually covers everyone, with the option to either provide insurance or pay a payroll tax;
and guarantee subsidies such that no one ever has to pay more than 10 percent of their income in premiums.

Do the Republicans have any serious ideas on health care, beyond medical savings accounts (which I do not consider a serious idea)?
No. They have no concerns about the health of others - hence, no plans. Their Money? They have a lot of concerns and plans about that.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. They have no concerns about the health of others - hence, no plans. Their Money? They have a lot of concerns and plans about that.
I know that is really the problem. There would be a lot more entreprenurship in this country without having to shelter under a traditional employer just to be able to afford healthcare.

I would simply turn over everything that is now paid for private healthcare to a public system if it was up to me. I.e. Me and my wife probably cost near $1,000/month in health insurance. Trade that amount for a public insurance system instead.