Bicycles D.15.8

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll
So bicycles seem fairly straightforward but I am not sure about one thing from reading the rulebook. The infantry on bikes only typically pay a half MF per hex as long as they are on a road. They can use leader and double time bonus. They get an additional MF if they stay on the road throughout there move.

My question is: is this additional MF in addition to the MF infantry normally get when they move entirely along a road or is it instead?

Thanks

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The extra MF is the "Road Bonus" (not an official ASL term) from the second sentence of B3.4.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since D15.81 mentions "their Riders" and all cycle rules apply except as modified, the units on bicyles are not Infantry (see Index) since they are PRC. I think they don't get the Road Bonus MF that Infantry would get.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes units on bicycles are not Infantry, but as Riders they still get the same MF allowment as if they were Infantry and the penultimate sentence of D15,81 specifically says that they do get the Road Bonus mentioned in B3.4.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yes units on bicycles are not Infantry, but as Riders they still get the same MF allowment as if they were Infantry and the penultimate sentence of D15,81 specifically says that they do get the Road Bonus mentioned in B3.4.
Penultimate. An ASL Word of the Day. Very nice.