Biazza Ridge Errata

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
The last sentence of SSR 2 in scenario "BR4 - Hill 41" must not be taken into consideration.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In the SSR 5 of scenario "BR6 - Farello" replace "NN20 and/or" with "A20 or"

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi guys... The errata file is fine, but I noticed that the VASL map .zip files (from https://advancingfire.com/index.php/support ) aren't valid archive files... is that a work in progress?
It is not a ZIP file, it has no extension, but be careful that if you handle it with a Mac, or with a software that recognize ZIP from the compression markers and not from the extension, it can happen that your system sees it as a ZIP, but I don't know how to solve it because I don't know Mac, or the softwares. This happens with every board file for VASL. We fully tested them.

MTL

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi - thanks for getting back to me - yes, it appears that chrome was deciding it was a zip file for me, and saving it as such. Strange - when I download it using curl (to avoid the file being messed with in chrome) and try to load it in VASL (6.5.0), I get:
020-07-17 17:33:00,440 [1-AWT-EventQueue-0] WARN VASSAL.tools.ErrorDialog - Unable to open board file: bdSollum
2020-07-17 17:33:00,443 [1-AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR VASSAL.tools.ErrorDialog -
java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid END header (bad central directory offset)

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi - thanks for getting back to me - yes, it appears that chrome was deciding it was a zip file for me, and saving it as such. Strange - when I download it using curl (to avoid the file being messed with in chrome) and try to load it in VASL (6.5.0), I get:
020-07-17 17:33:00,440 [1-AWT-EventQueue-0] WARN VASSAL.tools.ErrorDialog - Unable to open board file: bdSollum
2020-07-17 17:33:00,443 [1-AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR VASSAL.tools.ErrorDialog -
java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid END header (bad central directory offset)

You have the reason, I'm substituting all with .zip versions, since FTP server does something with them when without extension. Just unzip before putting in the boards folder.

Reactions: MTL

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
We posted in the Support section of the AF website, chart 3.5056, that we had mistakenly omissed in Biazza Ridge Rulebook. The printed version of this page will be available in our next game.

Thank you.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In the Victory Conditions of scenario BR9 “Drillo HG Reconquest" replace "B1" with "B0"

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In SSR2 of scenario BR9 “Drillo HG Reconquest", Gully is under bridge in hex N20, not N21.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In example of rule 2.1. HILLOCKS, replace with the following:

Squad A has a LOS to all enemy squads except squad G (F6.43), squad H (one level Crest Line Blind hex; B10.23), and to squad J (Partial Reed Bed in O16; 2.5)
Squad D has a LOS to all enemy squads except squad J (Partial Reed Bed in O16; 2.4). Squad K is viewable since it is not in a Location a full level lower than the base level of the Partial Reed Bed in O6, but only half level (A6.43). Squad H is in LOS, because, despite the one level Crest Line in L16, squad D is in a Location two full levels higher than the Crest Line, so no blind hex is generated.

Last edited: