BFP59 Geki Cacti

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
PTO terrain is in effect so roads are paths but by SSR the A5-H4-P5 road exists.

My question is does a unit in J3 have a clear shot to F5 or is there a +1 hindrance?

If there was a road I1-J1-J3-I4, then it would be clear, but it's not a road its a path.
The question seems to come down to is all of the road depiction in hex H4 a road, or is only the depiction of the part of the road that goes directly onwards to P5 Road.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Isnt really just Open Ground?

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To be more specific, our intent is that there is only one road as outlined in the SBR. So there is no H4-I4 road.

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Chas - but still confused as to whether a shot from J3 to F5 would get a +1 hindrance or not? You first reply suggests not, but your second seems to suggest yes.

I've had Blood & Jungle for many years and had a long term project to play every scenario but to date 'only' played 33 of the 47. I'm hoping to knock off the remainder this year. This is the next on the list.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Thanks Chas - but still confused as to whether a shot from J3 to F5 would get a +1 hindrance or not? You first reply suggests not, but your second seems to suggest yes.
Maybe add a screen capture of the VASL map?

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I've had Blood & Jungle for many years and had a long term project to play every scenario but to date 'only' played 33 of the 47. I'm hoping to knock off the remainder this year. This is the next on the list.

Only 33!!🆒

I was trying to not imply anything on my answers. Really you are asking an ASLRB question, not a scenario specific question. Many scenarios have a special rule outlining a road like this. My take would be that only the road from hex to hex exists, everything else is a Path (is there some obscure rule or Q and A or something that says different). Off the top of my head I am not sure if Paths actually exist in Orchards/OG or not and whether or not they impact LOS.
So if I had to chose I would say since no road, then +1. But at the same time I do not want to be in conflict with the ASLRB.