Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just for clarity, I have 3 BFP extensions:

BFP-CtR v1
BFP v431
onslaught to orsha v6.0

Will this extension replace all of those? or just BFP v431?

Thanks
It replaces the first two for sure.

All the counters for the print version of OtO v2 are in the extension so I believe it replaces the OtO v6 extension you mention as well. I’ll check to make sure.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The OtO v6 extension appears to be for the HoB version of OtO. I do not own it so I can't say for sure. I can say that v5 of the BFP extension does include all the counters for BFP's OtO v2. I'll make note of this on the download page. It appears that you can have both extensions active without one interfering with the other.

I'll be posting the release version of the BFP extension soon...like in an hour or two. You can watch for it here.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like Corregidor was not forgotten, so thanks. Testing this seems like a good excuse for my next scenario to be from BFP! (no excuses really needed though)

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you

Looks really nice and I love that all of the modules are in one place.

Last edited:

picross

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 5.0 extension is missing the german OP tank image ( Bad Data in Module: Image not found pziiijop.gif). It is in 4.03

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So will an updated version with the OP tank be provided? Do you post a note somewhere when you drop an update?
It’ll be a couple of weeks but I’ll get it corrected. I’ll post here when I do.

I’m going from memory but I think there’s a German OP tank in the OtO2 tab. Is that the one that’s missing?

picross

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It’ll be a couple of weeks but I’ll get it corrected. I’ll post here when I do.

I’m going from memory but I think there’s a German OP tank in the OtO2 tab. Is that the one that’s missing?
So I do see the Pz IIIj OP tank in OtO2, and it displays correctly. But I get an error in the scenario I am play testing since they used the 4.0.3 BFP version. Not sure what the actual issue is - I can see the OP tank fine in 5.0 if I navigate directly there. Not sure how to see what they scenario is actually referencing (I'm new to VASL). Note there seems to be OP like tanks in Crucible of steel, but they are not labelled OP tanks and have boxed front armor.
If you know why there is an issue in moving from 4.0.3 to 5.0 and can fix it great. But I will also follow up with the scenario guy to see if he can fix it as well.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
If I follow the link, it takes me to the VASL downloads page, which shows BFP_v431.vmdx

picross

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I follow the link, it takes me to the VASL downloads page, which shows BFP_v431.vmdx
That may be the version I should have reference as the "old" BFP extension - sorry.
The latest BFP extension is the 5.0, which is what I would prefer to use

I am also a VASL newbie (longtime ASL player) so I am not familiar with nuances here.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alright, weirdness is going on. I KNOW I updated the extension downloads page to show v5.0, as well as some other changes. For some reason the downloads page has reverted to its previous version. I can’t fix this for a couple of weeks. @DougRim or @samtyson can you help? If not I’ll fix it as soon as I can.

picross

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here’s a temp link to v5...

I must be going crazy. I thought i got the 5.0 file off of vasl.info. And the BFP website has the 4.0.3 and not the 4.3.1

The top post of this thread notes that 5.0 should be on vasl.info. They must have changed their files in the last couple of days.

Should i be using 5.0? or go back to 4.3.1?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Should i be using 5.0? or go back to 4.3.1?
Use v5.0. The rest is older stuff and becomes obsolete by using v5.0.
Note that you'd better not place various BPF extensions in your Extension folder at the same time as they might perhaps conflict. v5.0 should cover all BFP stuff out there.

von Marwitz

picross

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Use v5.0. The rest is older stuff and becomes obsolete by using v5.0.
Note that you'd better not place various BPF extensions in your Extension folder at the same time as they might perhaps conflict. v5.0 should cover all BFP stuff out there.

von Marwitz
If you have 4.3.1 and 5.0 both in the folder it takes 4.3.1 and won't load 5.0.

Thanks for all of the help

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If you have 4.3.1 and 5.0 both in the folder it takes 4.3.1 and won't load 5.0.

Thanks for all of the help
That's why I am saying: Don't have more than one in your Extension folder. As far as I understand BFP_v5.0.vmdx covers all BFP stuff.

Take out the following if you have them:
  • BFP_v431.vmdx (and earlier versions)
  • 5OTO.mdx (and earlier/later versions)
  • BFP-CtR_v1.vmdx (and later versions)
  • bounding-fire-productions-2.0.vdmx (and earlier/later verisons)
  • onslaught-to-orsha-6.0.vmdx (and later versions)
von Marwitz

Last edited:

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Alright, weirdness is going on. I KNOW I updated the extension downloads page to show v5.0, as well as some other changes. For some reason the downloads page has reverted to its previous version. I can’t fix this for a couple of weeks. @DougRim or @samtyson can you help? If not I’ll fix it as soon as I can.
Done. VASL.info now shows BFP5.00.vmdx and downloads accordingly.

Get it while it lasts.