BFP VASL Extension Update

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got a little more sorting to do then this will be ready for release.

rossssss

Reaction score
Caught a minor error this evening: the PSW M35 with the SS color on it has the wrong info. The blue counter is correct. These counters are in Poland in Flames > German.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Working on Blood and Jungle and came across an SA Rkt marker. Rick says this came in BnJ but I don't know how it's supposed to be used. I've bothered Rick enough so I thought I'd ask some kind soul out there to fill me in. Thanks very much!

Al

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
It's for the LVT(A)2FS vehicle (US Vehicle Note 4). "The 150mm SA represents the onboard rockets that may only be fired through the VCA and at a range of >= 7 hexes. ROF is NA and the weapon may only fire twice during a scenario; Intensive Fire is NA. It may use Spotted Fire like a mortar with halved firepower. The weapon does not malfunction, instead a DR of 12 Disables it. Players should mark the vehicle with a "SA Rkts: 1st Fired" counter to indicate it has fired once, and a "SA Rkts: Expended" counter to indicate the vehicle is out of rockets."

You really only need the front value of the counter ("fired once"); after the second firing you could mark it with a generic "SA disabled" counter.

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
When setting up for OtO-27 with Tim Hundsdorfer we found out that the BFP extension does not contain the 10-1 AL and the M15A1 MGMC in Soviet colors. Also some of the other lend-lease AFVs (M17 MGMC, the Wolverine) have a British color.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's for the LVT(A)2FS vehicle (US Vehicle Note 4). "The 150mm SA represents the onboard rockets that may only be fired through the VCA and at a range of >= 7 hexes. ROF is NA and the weapon may only fire twice during a scenario; Intensive Fire is NA. It may use Spotted Fire like a mortar with halved firepower. The weapon does not malfunction, instead a DR of 12 Disables it. Players should mark the vehicle with a "SA Rkts: 1st Fired" counter to indicate it has fired once, and a "SA Rkts: Expended" counter to indicate the vehicle is out of rockets."

You really only need the front value of the counter ("fired once"); after the second firing you could mark it with a generic "SA disabled" counter.
Thanks Bruce!

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When setting up for OtO-27 with Tim Hundsdorfer we found out that the BFP extension does not contain the 10-1 AL and the M15A1 MGMC in Soviet colors. Also some of the other lend-lease AFVs (M17 MGMC, the Wolverine) have a British color.
Very close to releasing an updated draft version. You'll get to use it soon but here's what's in there:

I'm not seeing British colors. Let me know if it's still an issue when I release the updated draft version.
You'll find the vehicles under VASL Counters>BFP>Onslaught to Orsha v2>Vehicles. For the MGMC's add < MGMC
You'll find the AL under VASL Counters>BFP>Onslaught to Orsha v2>Infantry

Watch for an updated draft version very soon. Plan to go final early in March.

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
For CoS, I could not find the 5-4-8 SS Squad, the MMC with no assault fire bonus, in the mix. Currently using BFP_v431 mod/extension.

Thanks!

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For CoS, I could not find the 5-4-8 SS Squad, the MMC with no assault fire bonus, in the mix. Currently using BFP_v431 mod/extension.

Thanks!
Thanks. I’ll get these added and then I believe I can release the updated draft version for proofing.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See top post for latest DRAFT version release and updated info. I'm going to let this simmer for a couple of weeks. Please post all your findings in this thread and I'll make sure they get incorporated for the final version release planned for early March. Thank very much for your help.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
BigAl,
I am having a real problem getting the BFP, or ANY extension to download. I try to download, and it downloads to a PDF file, which my PC says is "Not Valid".

I am still on VASL 6.5.1, and will be updating to 6.6.2 and the attendent VASSAL when I am reasonably sure I can get all this to work.

Larry

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is your computer file type association setting set to recognize .vmdx file types as PDF files?

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Is your computer file type association setting set to recognize .vmdx file types as PDF files?
No, it does not. I get PDF files, but my PC (Windows 10) does not recognize them as valid emails. This could be my problem. How do I do that?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, it does not. I get PDF files, but my PC (Windows 10) does not recognize them as valid emails. This could be my problem. How do I do that?
I hope this got resolved for you Larry. If not, I’m at a loss as to what a solution could be.

If you still need to troubleshoot, I’d suggest opening a new thread describing your issue. It would get more visibility I’d think.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With the exception of Larry’s download issue, there’s been no comments on this for two weeks. I’ll release a final version before the weekend is out. This final version will replace all previous versions.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
My issue is still there, but I've had to put it aside to concentrate on an FTF this weekend. A wonderful problem to have!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With the exception of Larry’s download issue, there’s been no comments on this for two weeks. I’ll release a final version before the weekend is out. This final version will replace all previous versions.
Just for clarity, I have 3 BFP extensions:

BFP-CtR v1
BFP v431
onslaught to orsha v6.0

Will this extension replace all of those? or just BFP v431?

Thanks