BFP: Objective Schmidt

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone here own this? Any comments regarding scenario size, play balance, re-play value, etc. I take it the 580 counters are ASL Comp MMCs/SMCs, etc.?

Thanks.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Anyone here own this? Any comments regarding scenario size, play balance, re-play value, etc. I take it the 580 counters are ASL Comp MMCs/SMCs, etc.?

Thanks.
Are you asking as to BFP's "Objective: Schmidt" {colon between} or CH's "Objective Schmidt" {no colon}? I may be wrong, but your using the terminology "ASL Comp" has me thinking you are referring to the CH version.

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are scans of the BFP counters on BGG.
Thanks! That's just what I was looking for. I should have checked BGG first.
Now, just wondering about the overall quality of the scenarios/CG. Not much to go on even on BGG.

Thanks again, guys.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Now, just wondering about the overall quality of the scenarios/CG.
I've played about a half dozen of the scenarios and found them quite enjoyable. There are a number of Md ones, but also a good share of Lg and XL; if that's what you like, which I do! I'm planning on returning to it at some point, good stuff. @sunoftzu is playing through the entire pack with an oppo, and posting brief AARs on Discord as they do so. As well as the fun I've already had with it, these AARs are tugging me back in that direction. As to the CG, @hongkongwargamer might have some comments on that.

Slopes, rain, mud are some of the main calling cards. If you are ever bored with "EC are Moderate with no wind at start", O:S has plenty of Chapter E for you.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Just finished the 9th (of 10) Kommersheidt/Schmidt scenarios last Monday. Liang Xiao and I are currently playing BFP-103, then OS-010, then BFP-104, then we do the CG "Crushed At Kommersheidt". The latter 2 scenarios are a good size, so it might be 4-5 months away. OS-005 took us 3 months to play.

John.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Just completed turn 1 of the first day of the CG. I got Civilian Interrogation on turn 1, and the rain started in American turn 1. As German, I have 72 squads, and I would guess that the Americans have around 33.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Liang Xiao and I have completed a couple of dates from the CG.

(This was from January 17)

Finished the 4PM date of (BFP's) "Crushed in Kommersheidt" CG. There are a total of 7 (AM/PM) dates from 4PM to 7PM. The weather was rain from American turn 1 until the end (American 5), and despite the Americans having a bit of a hard time with DRs in the last couple of turns, casualties were almost the same (just over 20 CVPs each). The Germans have a lot of CPPs on 4PM, so the outnumbered Americans have to find out what they can hold on to. In the center, they held fairly well, giving up only 5 stone buildings in the Kommersheidt area, but were collapsing on the right flank. However, Liang managed to end the day on turn 5 and prevented the rout, which resulted in the scenario being a tough American win. We will break between dates with a couple of OtO2 scenarios, so resumption with be a month or 2 away I expect......

(This was from May 16)

Liang Xiao and I finished the 5AM date in our "Crushed At Kommersheidt" CG. This was a tough day for the Germans, a CVP tally of 29-2 favoring the Americans, although the Germans took all of the buildings at level 2 or higher and also advanced along the east side of the stream. The ROF 3 weapons of the Americans dominated the 5AM date from start to finish. The Germans had purchased only HW RGs, but were not able to bring them into play; the interdiction of the Americans was simply too deadly. At the end of game turn 4, I asked for a ceasefire, which the Americans were happy to accept. Time to lick wounds, re-group, and hopefully push the remaining Americans off the level 1 portion of the hill.

For maps (which seem to be too big to upload here), go here : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628719720726712

John.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Liang Xiao and I finished the 5PM date of our "Crushed In Kommersheidt" CG this evening. Both sides have 6 infantry companies, and just about all of them have suffered around 50% casualties. This date ended on turn 5, although my Germans just managed to come up with 6 building/rubble locations to etch out a "win" (although it barely felt like one, with the casualties suffered). Only 4 dates remain, although I will have to go "Idle" on one of them, which means we are essentially half-way through this (rather bloody) CG. Good fun, though !!!!