BFP-68 NOBA Reverse Slopes 14.66 & 14.661 and Factories

tim bunce

Reaction score
Country
ll
NOBA Reverse Slopes 14.66 & 14.661 and Factories
Hi

Tried this in the rules section but got no response,and wonderd how you playtested it

"Prepearing to play BFP-68 First Day at Fuchin as a three way scenario at Intensive Fire this year.

Looks tough on Lennins Sons unless the NOBA module is used well.

Questions on reverse slope hexes and buildings/factories.

The way I read 14.66 and 14.61 is that a multi hex building will create immune reverse slope hexes along the NOBA LOF, if that reverse slope hex is a buildin hex of >= height to the building obstruction hex (eg both level 1.5 building hexes) then the level 1 location of the reverse slope hex is hit by the FFE.

If I am correct on this thats fine and logical, even to reality arguments!

My question is what if said building is a factory with no first level location?

Is the level 0 location hit or is the result no effect?"

I would guess it would attack rooftop locations but nothing else

Thanks

Tim
Tim

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NOBA Reverse Slopes 14.66 & 14.661 and Factories
Hi

Tried this in the rules section but got no response,and wonderd how you playtested it

"Prepearing to play BFP-68 First Day at Fuchin as a three way scenario at Intensive Fire this year.

Looks tough on Lennins Sons unless the NOBA module is used well.

Questions on reverse slope hexes and buildings/factories.

The way I read 14.66 and 14.61 is that a multi hex building will create immune reverse slope hexes along the NOBA LOF, if that reverse slope hex is a buildin hex of >= height to the building obstruction hex (eg both level 1.5 building hexes) then the level 1 location of the reverse slope hex is hit by the FFE.

If I am correct on this thats fine and logical, even to reality arguments!

My question is what if said building is a factory with no first level location?

Is the level 0 location hit or is the result no effect?"

I would guess it would attack rooftop locations but nothing else

Thanks

Tim
Tim
Tim,
For BFP-68 Fuchin Fortified, the SSR'd factory doesn't qualify as a Reverse Slope building as it is only 1.5 levels high and thus not a multi-level building (see G14.661, B23.23, and B23.84). If another hypothetical scenario had both NOBA and a B23.23 multi-level factory, then your interpretation would be correct.

Rick

Last edited:

tim bunce

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Rick,

Thanks, missed the significance of B23.23 and not applying to 1.5 level building and factories. This makes the NOBA much more powerful.

will be playing it on friday.

Thanks

Tim