BFP 3: Blood and Jungle Reprint Interest

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Yes, to answer the original question (I'd purchase a Blood and Jungle reprint).

I won't (can't?) buy Poland in Flames because it requires too much of the previous BFP items and I only have a couple of them. I'd think Into the Rubble would be easy to reprint since it is just scenarios and boards; Blood and Jungle and Crucible of Steel also, but there are more components to those and would be more difficult to reprint.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Yes, to answer the original question (I'd purchase a Blood and Jungle reprint).

I won't (can't?) buy Poland in Flames because it requires too much of the previous BFP items and I only have a couple of them. I'd think Into the Rubble would be easy to reprint since it is just scenarios and boards; Blood and Jungle and Crucible of Steel also, but there are more components to those and would be more difficult to reprint.
While I can very, very well understand that and sympathise, I would advise that could be a bit short sighted. Sure you might have a problem playing PiF now, but if you wait for a reprint of B&J, CoS and ItR, PiF could well be out of stock. I assume that given that you are showing an interest in BFP items that you are quite serious about ASL. Think of buying an in print ASL item as like buying stock shares. You won't get much, if any of a return on your shares now, but later you will and most likely at a price less than what it will cost you later.

I have always advised that if one is serious about ASL items to buy when they are in print/stock. Prices will very rarely go down and if after a few years you decide that an item was a bad choice you can sell on evilbay and make a profit.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Dang! When you're right, you're right. I've bought all AH/MMP over the years, but only started into TPPs a few years ago...still trying to "get it all". Humph. Yea, you're probably right. Maybe I'll get PIF for "later". Hmmm... Thanks...I think! =)

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dang! When you're right, you're right. I've bought all AH/MMP over the years, but only started into TPPs a few years ago...still trying to "get it all". Humph. Yea, you're probably right. Maybe I'll get PIF for "later". Hmmm... Thanks...I think! =)
The other good news about PiF is that only 10 of the 45 scenarios require a previous BFP module. I updated the PiF web page to show what is needed in more detail.

With 35 scenarios to play, you should be able to stay satisfied for a while.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just came on here to ask if you ever planned a reprint, due to the guy selling his copy on eBay for $399.95 right now because he needs to "pay medical bills." So, yes, I'd be down for a copy of the reprint.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I just came on here to ask if you ever planned a reprint, due to the guy selling his copy on eBay for $399.95 right now because he needs to "pay medical bills."
Pay medical bills? Maybe because the price is mental?!

von Marwitz

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We almost pulled the trigger and added the CoS and B&J reprints to the ITR2 production runs to save us a little bit of money, but we were not quite finished with the review/update process to get that done.

We should get these available for order and in production in January.

youngdar

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
> We almost pulled the trigger and added the CoS and B&J reprints to the ITR2 production runs to save us a little bit of money, but we were not quite finished with the review/update process to get that done.

We should get these available for order and in production in January.

Woo hoo! ITR2 was/is my first non-MMP purchase, and I feel confident in saying these will be my second and third :)

james bird

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
YES , I will be interested, it will be my second purchase as I'm going t order HG2 first.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The other good news about PiF is that only 10 of the 45 scenarios require a previous BFP module. I updated the PiF web page to show what is needed in more detail.

With 35 scenarios to play, you should be able to stay satisfied for a while.
PiF was my first BFP purchase and I was totally satisfied. I was a little worried that lack of other BFP products would curtail my enjoyment, but not the case. And, to digress, Ceramic City has turned into one of my favorite scenarios.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
All his auctions are incredible. He's trying to sell still in stock products for triple what you could buy them for.
Yeah, he's obviously targeting people who have more money then sense though, because anyone in the know will realize there is absolutely not enough value in those products to justify paying that much. Heck, there barely was the first time around...

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, I don't begrudge a guy from selling an OOP item for double what it sold for originally, but to list Operation Cobra or Beyond the Beachhead 2 for $199 seems incredibly dishonest. Is he hoping to trick somebody into thinking that those items are OOP or rare?

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there still any talk of a reprinting "Blood and Jungle?" I'm new to ASL and hate that I missed out on this.

Dave
Still lots of talk, and also some traction on that front. I've just submitted all of the material for a reprint to Chas for a quality review with the group (shouldn't be too bad to do since not much has changed). No definite timeline yet, but I would expect that we would formally submit materials to our printers for a reprint of both Crucible of Steel and Blood & Jungle sometime in the next couple of months.

We won't be calling this a Version 2 since it is basically a straight reprint. I prefer the term Revised Edition. In both cases, the only changes between these Revised Editions and the originals is the inclusion of known errata fixes and some changes to counter mix. For example, we won't be including the B&J counter sheets with CoS. This little change also meant that we had to change up the counter mix on the counter sheets to make sure we had enough terrain counters to meet scenario needs. There will be no new maps or scenarios included.

Last edited: