BFP 3: Blood and Jungle Reprint Interest

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now that is planning ahead!:)
I got all the Core modules, APs and Journals already for him.

Got some of the BFP items in duplicate already and will get more when funds get available for new job.

Hopefully ITR 2 will be ready soon and the High Ground 2 & BFP Op Cobra will be soon as well.

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unlikely that I'd buy the straight reprint, or at least it would go to the bottom of the priority list. A reprint with some slight changes, a few scenarios and maybe another board? I botch like holy hell, then probably buy it. A reprint and robust additions? I'm down for that. Where do I preorder?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While Chas asked that only those who would buy one to post here, I simply cannot resist the urge to very strongly recommend B&J. I am definitely NOT a PTO fan, but there is enough for both the Jungle phobic and philic to be well worth the price. Everything from IJA vs NRA (GMD) to postwar Dutch vs Indonesians with the usual US/British vs Japanese in between.

If you have the cash to spare, you cannot afford to pass this by. The last 3 large (B&J, CoS & PiF) BFP items are as close to core as any non MMP product can be.

We return you to the regular programming ...

Bill_Dozer

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Have been building my ASL collection for the past 18 months or so, and Blood and Jungle was on my must-buy list (following few final MMP items). Was disappointed to hear B&J went out of stock and would certainly buy a reprint when available.

Carl Van Dam

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks like I'm a bit late to this party, but I would like to see a reprint as well! Was just searching for it today. Is there any news on this front?

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
I came late to the TPPs. I'd be interested in reprints of Into the Rubble, Blood and Jungle, and Crucible of Steel. I am missing some pieces from these to play the others--that are still available.

youngdar

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those of us who missed them the first time around, it'd be so great to see these reprinted... so that those of us who don't have trust funds can get them. Right now on eBay, there's one copy of 'Crucible of Steel' for $300 and a copy of 'Blood and Jungle' for $200.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
At this price level, I don't think play value matters that much, it's more a matter of rarity. Blood and Jungle is older, and probably rarer.

I'm very happy that I found both at a reasonable price - it looks like the practice of hoarding additional copies for selling at a huge profit is less common here in France, fortunately.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
What? How "Blood & Jungle" demands less than "Crucible of Steel" is beyond me ..
Maybe it's while B&J has more scenarios, CoS has more maps (9 vs 3) and a complete set of counters for BFP 2, B&J and CoS.

Demchog

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I would be interested in buying a reprint of Blood and Jungle, and Crucible of Steel.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't mention B&J reprints until I can sell (gouge) my second copy for $500. Then post a preorder, so I can order a B&J updated version and a second copy of PiF. Deal?