BFP 27 Chapei Chopblock

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played this one last night vs. Wayne Boudreaux.

I was the IJA, and it was a hoot! I lost a good two thirds of my force but in turn destroyed the Chinese force to a man.

He did one mistake in his setup--the Chinese guns since they are small targets CAN be in bldgs. He should have had 1 or both of them in VC bldgs.

Murphys law moment--he complained about NOT getting a HOB result in his last 4 games. He beserked a squad which in turn died in Melee.

If you play this as the IJA, try to have a even advance. I made the mistake of putting 15 squads on my right. I suppose I won and success is its own luck. But I wish I had done something like 6 squads on the left, center and right.

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MarkDV said:
...the Chinese guns since they are small targets CAN be in bldgs. He should have had 1 or both of them in VC bldgs.
Placing Guns in buildings affects changing C/A dramatically, sometimes it's better off to leave them outside the building if you can get a similar field of fire. Then again, if you have a high ROF and a bit of luck, eating the C/A mod to the TH is something you only worry about on that shot.

BD

Hovned31

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think my set up of the guns turned out to be a decisive reason for the loss. I would still set up the one gun in the road behind the roadblock-it had a great field of fire down the street and it succeeded in immobilizing a tankette and keeping the Japanese vehicles from using that side of the map. The gun set up in the woods would have been better placed in a building-then again I didn't expect 16 Japanese squads smashing into that side of the map!

I think a bigger mistake on my part was not setting up the HMG's in the victory buildings. I couldn't resist the long fire lane opportunities early in the game, which saw them set up too far forward and ending up malfunctioned and abandoned as the Japanese swarmed through my left flank. I would have been better off with both of them set up in the last stone victory building and trying to hold out to the bitter end.

Overall, a great scenario that I would play again as either side.