Beyond Valor

lvet

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I just received the "Beyond Valor" box.
It's huge!!! There are enough maps and counters to play for years :)
I am impressed. 🆒

I still have to go through the rules of ASLSK #1, but I am already looking forward to the full rules

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
When you do get the Full rules, you'll have very little problem with them because the Starter Kit system is so well written. You'll learn the core game and sequence of play so easily (because of how well Ken Dunn wrote them), that the additional full rules will be much easier to digest; most will only be a few paragraphs or half a page long too, so you can add them into your future games without much confusion because of your (by then) mastery of the core rules.

If MMP rewrote the full rules like they did for the Starter Kits, most people would be playing this game within a few months IMO.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
If MMP rewrote the full rules like they did for the Starter Kits, most people would be playing this game within a few months IMO.
Im not so sure about that....
I'm really thinking that you haven't actually have read the SK rules.
All of the examples in SK3, sans just a few, were incorrect. This is the PRIME reason why rules shouldn't be written into examples and no where else.
Routing rules were completely screwed up in at least SK1.

There are plenty of other examples.
One recent one is that Leaders are not pinned if wounded and have used more MF than 3 already expended. (At least I haven't found the Rule section)

SK serves a purpose, but it's not this shining beacon of Brilliance that you speak of....