Beyond Valor v3 Countersheets

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For one the German OB was expanded to include the 8-3-8/3-3-8 SS & 4-6-8/2-4-8 SS not included with the 1st Ed. BV. Some more SW were also added most notably a few more Russian Lt Mtrs. An increased number of different acquisition counters were also included (I believe only blue & red were in the original BV). The Finnish OB was expanded slightly to include a few 5/8" ordnance & their SW, crews, non-6-4-8 Sqds, Sniper, etc. in Finnish Grey. Also a couple of vehicle types were issued in increased numbers as well as adding the Pz 35R 731(f)s originally provided in Paratrooper and the StuIG 33Bs issued with RB. Finally the "No special ammo" counters were also provided that had come from DASL Streets of Fire & Hegderow Hell, perhaps a few more info counters as well. Probably the biggest change was the addition of several more Finnish counters however. All in all it totaled about a sheet and a half of additional counters as there were quite a few blank counters provided as well.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
For one the German OB was expanded to include the 8-3-8/3-3-8 SS & 4-6-8/2-4-8 SS not included with the 1st Ed. BV.
Not true. No edition of BV includes 8-3-8 or 4-6-8 SS.

Some more SW were also added most notably a few more Russian Lt Mtrs.
No "extra" Russian MTRs so far as I can tell.

An increased number of different acquisition counters were also included (I believe only blue & red were in the original BV).
Several colours of acquisition markers have always been included in BV. I think the original edition only had red and blue area target acquisition markers, the third edition added a set of green. (There are never enough area target acquisition markers.)

Finally the "No special ammo" counters were also provided that had come from DASL Streets of Fire & Hegderow Hell
Well, firstly, SoF came with no counters whatsoever. The No Ammo markers (and Hex Control and other markers) that came with HH have never been reproduced in any subsequent module. There are no "No <special ammo>" markers in any edition of BV.

there were quite a few blank counters provided as well.
True for the original printing of BV3, I believe the later printings actually found uses for those blank counters.

Aside from the Finns and the extra vehicles referred to above, the biggest change in BV3 was the addition of (some of) the Chapter E markers required by the 2nd ed. rules that were originally only included in Yanks1. German and American aircraft, some American large concealment counters (not sure why ...), various Night rules markers, a handful of skis (only compatible with the old ski rules!) (no boats, gliders, etc., though). Also some poor versions of the various "Human Wave" markers (the versions from any edition of DB work much better).

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was going by memory but pretty sure at least the "No HE", "No Smoke", etc. were included in BV3 but not in BV1. I guess one could always check the Ch N pdf's to ensure exactly what extra counters were provided.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I was going by memory but pretty sure at least the "No HE", "No Smoke", etc. were included in BV3 but not in BV1. I guess one could always check the Ch N pdf's to ensure exactly what extra counters were provided.
They were in the 2016 re-print of BVv3.

Here is a list of the changes between the 1st printing of BVv3 and the 2016 printing:
Countersheet 1:
None.

Countersheet 2:
2 × Lahti 20L ATR: updated to the HP counters.
2 × AAMG Malfunction/Disable: new counters.
2 × Gun Malfunction/Disable: new counters.
16 × No HE, HEAT, AP, APCR, APDS, SMOKE, WP, CANISTER: new counters.

Countersheet 3:
20 × No HE, HEAT, AP, APCR, APDS, SMOKE, WP, CANISTER: new counters.

Countersheet 4:
4 × Intensive Fire: new counters.
4 × stun: new counters.
4 × STUN: new counters.
4 × Abandoned: new counters.
4 × Shock: new counters.

Countersheet 5:
12 × 2-4-8 HS (Russian): broken MMC depiction changed to correct depiction.
6 × 1/2" Acquisition (Russian brown): new counters.
6 × 1/2" Acquisition (Finnish gray): new counters.
6 × 1/2" Acquisition (German blue): new counters.
2 × Turn Marker: new counters (German/Russian and German/Finnish).

Countersheet 6:
12 × Gray Dispersed WP: “NMC” removed from the counter.

Countersheet 7:
3 × 88LL AT Gun PaK 43: large white circle around the Gun depiction representing 360° mount added on the Limbered side.
4 × 88L AA Gun FlaK 18 o. 36: large white circle around the Gun depiction representing 360° mount added on the Limbered side.

Countersheet 8:
4 × Pz 35R 731(f): name changed on counters.
6 × PzKpfw IVF2: no longer has an ACPR Depletion Number for 1944.

Countersheet 9:
No changes.

Countersheet 10:
1 × 37 PstK/37(g): Finnish 37L AT Gun updated to the HP counters.

Countersheet 11:
1 × PSW 234/3, ID-letter “C”: star added to CMG factor and text “[star] MG:VCA only” added on the back.
1 × SdKfz 10/4: halftrack movement-type symbok added on unhooked trailed side.
1 × 1942 DB: new counter.

Countersheet 12:
5 × JgPz VI: white dot beneath front Armor Factor removed.

Countersheet 13:

8 × Human Wave: counters now have correct information on the back.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Hard to ever doubt the Mighty Klasmalmstorm?

He seems like a walking breathing encyclopedia.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Oh, in my book jrv is right behind him...
Agreed, But jrv is ahead of Klas in humor. At least from the monocled point of view of a Prussian 6+1 officer.

Unquestionably, both of them are an exceptional enrichment to this forum, for which I hold them in very high esteem.

Ein dreifaches Hurra auf Klas und jrv!

von Marwitz

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think everyone playing this game is above average in smarts. I can't see anyone less then that having the mental fortitude or desire to tackle the big binder; Guys like Klas and jrv are definitely head of the class though, plausibly even one of the teacher's (Perry's) pets. ;-)