Beta patch very soon

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well Scott has decided to put out a beta patch on the website very soon..there have been loads of changes since the last patch and we think it's enough to put out a patch, we still have a long list but this will give you an idea of the work we've put in and where we are heading. This is easy the best the game has been in so far.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See it came out today, will try to play with it a bit tomorrow and check out the work you guys have put into it.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well I'm blo#dy annoyed. There is an issue with two sets of symbols being shown in the same hex and also the latest data tables haven't been put up...really wish Scott sent us the patch first before he puts it online...he makes changes then puts it up and we end up with this mess.

With out the recent data table you'll still have the long range engagement issue..though the latest hasn't fixed it totally as it messed with accuracy it still better than the old tables.

I've got onto Scott to try and sort these issues out ASAP.

Last edited:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK most recent data tables included so redownload..still trying to get a fix on the duplicate symbol issue..in our test version this wasn't happening..

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well... positive feedback first--- the .exe does not crash every time I turn it on.. so a huge (+) from the last patch. The rest? I see improvement... don't get too discouraged Jason, not sure if you were around during POA2 early days, but it was a disaster, that finally improved after a LONG time... This one still needs some work, but looks to be improved in many areas. I did not see a change log..not sure if somehow I just did not download it, or what. That is always a good idea just so we know what to look for, especially as it is being called a beta... if we know that xxxxxx was worked on, we can sort of test it better, than just a blank across the board test. Just my 2 cents... not bad on most counts though. Still could use a map editor. :laugh:

turbidite

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[...]I did not see a change log..not sure if somehow I just did not download it, or what. That is always a good idea just so we know what to look for, especially as it is being called a beta... if we know that xxxxxx was worked on, we can sort of test it better, than just a blank across the board test. [...]
There's none. It could have been included with the update for the very reasons you pointed out if the TSS changelog is not updated for Beta releases.

[...]Still could use a map editor. :laugh:
Did you try the map editor issued with the January TSS common files update ? There are no shortcut to it but it's in the HPS Shared\Tactical MapBuilder folder.

turbidite

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Someone can also tell Scott that the POA2 and TU versions in the news reporting the Beta patches are still from the previous patch release (1.00.08 and 2.5.04 instead of 1.00.10beta and 2.5.06beta). Cut and paste rushed job :laugh:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Latest data tables are up..we are getting close ot fixing the symbol issue..then you will get the patch they way itt should have been..not long now...working hard to fix it.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Change log is under the common download..download the txt and you will see it.