BETA map editor.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I got my hands on the Beta map editor. We will be able to create new symbol sets etc. Infact maps can look as great as the artist that resides in you. So it's a very powerful tool, however time consuming, and requires dedication. Also not bug free, thats why it's a beta I suppose.

Sadly I'm getting alot of errors aswell with the latest patch. not sure what happened since the last patch i tried as something has gone worng somewhere. Would have helped if I'd been updated with the latest versions pre release! Scott didn't realise Iwasn't getting them.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
JMass,

I'd love to upload screenshots. However as you have to create whole new symbol sets there isn't much to see except the maps already included in the game.

However my facebook page has some screenshots of the future campaign map that was made using the editor.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

JMass, empty your PM box. Need to talk regarding mods.

Last edited:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
below is the desciption of the ditor went by Scott,

Hi guys,

Here is the beta version of the TSS Map Editor. The manual will get a little sprucing up before its released to the public, but otherwise I think it's pretty much ready to go. Please poke around with it some and let me know what you find difficult or confusing, just have general problems with or think is an error. You can edit all of the existing maps and tiles that came with TU, and create new ones from scratch. You can also edit the default symbols (though you can't add or delete symbols since that would cause problems for the program).

The editor is based on the ADC-3 development, and it uses dynamic user-defined layers as opposed to the set "pseudo-layers" from ADC-2. You can add and adjust layers if you like, but watch what you are doing or you may create maps with no rivers or roads or trees, etc. The only real limitation is that if you want to make geomorphic tiles, they'll be limited to the standard size (I think it's 20 x 40).

TU SCENARIOS: On a related note, I'd like to tweak some of the default TU scenarios to make them more fun for players (and we have more scenarios on-deck). If you have ideas and would like to help out, please let me know... or if you've already tweaked them on your own. I'm open to whatever seems to work - modified set-up locations, objectives, turn time scales, etc.

Thanks!

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What became of the map editor.

I tried running the GEOBulider and got an error message that it was not installed properly. I had POA2, upgraded to 2.5XX and created the Shared folder. I downloaded the TSS patch. Was I supposed to do something else?

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The full map editor is still in beta stage.

My geo-builder is in the HPS Shared folder along with the maps folder and symbol set folders. Works ok for me.