Best ship for small gang PvP?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I'm looking for a new ship for small gang PvP and possibly some gatecamp work. I usually fly a BS, but I'm tired of being slow and getting ambushed by gangs of smaller, faster ships.

Suggestions?

avl90

Reaction score
Taranis. You'll be able to run down almost all ships and it has the firepower of a cruiser. Enjoy. :)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most of the roaming gangs we run(which we call Wolfpax), we use HACes(Heavy Assault Cruisers).

Heavy assault ships, more often referred to as heavy assault cruisers (HAC), are designed to be good solo combat ships. Unlike battleships, HACs retain some element of speed allowing them to use this to their advantage against larger and slower opponents. The primary reason HACs are dangerous is their vastly increased damage resistances. They can take hits that would normally destroy a ship their size and keep fighting. As with the lighter assault ships, HACs are usually specially suited for certain styles of combat.http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Item_Database:Ships:Heavy_Assault_Ships

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you using sniper HACs or what? Ishtars?
We use sniper HAC's fleets also, but this is our Wolfpax basic set-up;

For our new guys that never flown in a Wulfpax, here some rules:

Shiptypes:

Zealots / Muninns / Eagles / Raildeimos / Scimitars / Cerberus / Dictors with Cloak / Ceptors that know how to fly Ceptors / Rapiers with Probes / Arazus / Cov Ops ( if you have a mic and know how to make good warpins and stuff )

Shipsetups:

Hacs: Longrange Weapons ( at least 70km optimal with 1 Sensor Booster )
Dictors: ( Double Bubble + Cloak )
Scimitars: MWD / 3x RR / at least one nano
Force Recons: Do you thing, Shield Buff
Ceptors: Whatever you feel comfortable with