Best Scenario in Kampfgruppe Scherer

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully we should be done with our RB CG by years end and can hop into KGS, probably do KGS 2 Their Fate Sealed? first and then jump into the CG. And then there is Red Factories which will see play at the end of 2019. As I read more and more of KGS it really is a gem of a module.

Why thanks Scott - I'll be interested to see what you think from the German side of the hill.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just completed 4 turns of the Red Army CG on day 1. My Germans are trying to hold back the Red Army hoards and losing lots of equipment due to ammo shortage and extreme winter. All in all we are having a blast and would highly recommend this CG to any east front aficionado. A couple of caveats should be noted, Russians do not deplete, we had to change this because the Russians start out behind the eight ball as far as numbers are concerned and both Randy and I felt depleted Russian units would eventually cripple the Russians in the long run. We pretty much ignored CG 17, this is German supply lines and we just felt there was too much note taking to be done IE you would have to write down German units that were cut off from the rest of their units and what level of Ammo shortage they were under. Other then those niggling details, the rest of the rules and the CG are just fine. So stop playing those dumb 4 or 5 turn scenarios and come to the dark side and play some real ASL.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just completed 4 turns of the Red Army CG on day 1. My Germans are trying to hold back the Red Army hoards and losing lots of equipment due to ammo shortage and extreme winter. All in all we are having a blast and would highly recommend this CG to any east front aficionado. A couple of caveats should be noted, Russians do not deplete, we had to change this because the Russians start out behind the eight ball as far as numbers are concerned and both Randy and I felt depleted Russian units would eventually cripple the Russians in the long run. We pretty much ignored CG 17, this is German supply lines and we just felt there was too much note taking to be done IE you would have to write down German units that were cut off from the rest of their units and what level of Ammo shortage they were under. Other then those niggling details, the rest of the rules and the CG are just fine. So stop playing those dumb 4 or 5 turn scenarios and come to the dark side and play some real ASL.
You do not have to write down the units under conditions of CG17, they will be obvious based on when you start the new day, and the Germans will know when they open the pathway to alleviate the cause of CG 17, which does not, by the way, have to announced, other than a response "hey, my SW did not break b/c of Ammo Level 2 when I took this shot." ...the Russians will know then that a pathway has been opened by previous German moves etc...but not exactly how (though that might be obvious due to play conditions and the Russians will know how to seal it back up).

In any case I am glad you are enjoying the CG.