Best scenario from ASLOK XXXIII?

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tons of gameplay this year at ASLOK including the release of the hotness, Death to Fascism... What was the best scenario from your trip to ASLOK this year?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Friendly Fire was not released at ASLOK. I don't think anyone had a copy, although perhaps someone did. The only new pack released there was Death to Fascism.

JR

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played six DTF scenarios and they were all interesting and fun. Not sure I could pick one over the rest. I also played two Hatten scenarios and they were also very good. I'd certainly recommend them all. They were:
DTF-2 Blitzkrieg
DTF-4 Death to Fascism
DTF-5 AK '44
DTF-6 Magnificent Beasts of Prey
DTF-7 Fast and Furious
DTF-8 The Art of War
HF4 Liehr Launches First
HF8 Fahrenheit 352

Steve

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I played six DTF scenarios and they were all interesting and fun. Not sure I could pick one over the rest. I also played two Hatten scenarios and they were also very good. I'd certainly recommend them all. They were:
DTF-2 Blitzkrieg
DTF-4 Death to Fascism
DTF-5 AK '44
DTF-7 Fast and Furious
DTF-8 The Art of War
HF4 Liehr Launches First
HF8 Fahrenheit 352

Steve
So what I'm reading here is "DTF-1&3 are howling dogs?" ;P

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was not at ASLOK but have played Mag Beasts and Blitzkrieg. Mag Beasts I thought was tough on the Germans, Blitzkrieg was a fun one, though my French infantry got crushed by turn 4. (One ATG rolled boxcars and another was taken out by a CH) But so far an interesting pack, I want to play the PLA vs the RoC scenario one day.

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I liked Mag Beasts the most. My playing was a German victory against an excellent opponent. If you like heavy metal this one will satisfy!

Rob

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My top favorites
DTF - 4 "Death To Fascism" -Lost (Well played by Aaron)
HF - 4 "Liehr Launches First" - Lost (Well played by Adam)
J122 "Bloody Bois Jacques" - Lost on final CC DR of 6,6!! allowing Nadir to withdraw and sealing the victory)
WO 27 "Checking Out" - Won (a US 666 won the MOH for sure)
WO 24 "Dew Of Death" Lost (Rob's DC TH-Hero survived all fire/residual to take out an important MMG nest)
AP 91 "Parting Shots" - Won (Andy's dice gave him no love at all)
Cheers ya'll!
Pierce

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DTF-2 Blitzkrieg
DTF-4 Death to Fascism
DTF-5 AK '44
DTF-7 Fast and Furious
DTF-8 The Art of War
HF4 Liehr Launches First
HF8 Fahrenheit 352

Steve
I played them all but my favorite was DTF-4. Incredibly tight game with Hennie.

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played ten scenarios between Sunday & Thursday (left on Friday), many of which were good fun, but the knock-down-drag-out-every-roll-counts was DTF-4 Death to Fascism from the Death to Fascism pack, played against Tuomo Lukkari. It went down to the last turn with my defending Romanians hanging on by the edge of their teeth, but a particularly good CCPh in the last Russian player turn sealed their fate. We rolled out the few moves the Romanian survivors could've made, but no miracles occurred. Alas...

The scenarios I played this year were:
J157 Rage Against the Machine (a treat to play against Hennie van der Salm who was able to parry most of my moves, but whose dice deserted him in the last CCPh, robbing him of victory)
FrF87 Mormal Forest (against Cary Tyler; Cary is new to ASL but has good tactical instincts - a close game)
FrF86 Belgian Tigers (against Jeff Coyle; Jeff was very judicious in using his tanks and firepower, meanwhile my leaders shot themselves! :D )
AP108 Yes, Sir! (against Jim Mehl, lots when right for me on this one, no so much for Jim)
OB11 Avril Action (against Bill Owen; after two abortive starts we got this one going - remarkable to see my US troops passing PAATCs to knock out German ht's with Street Fighting; managed to push the Germans over the VC cap)
J122 Bloody Bois Jacques (against Pierce Mason; as noted above, an untimely 6,6 roll by Pierce in his CCPh enabled sufficient US forces to withdraw to a hex from which they could exit for the win in the following MPh. Unique scenario in terms of LoS SSR)
J175 Bedburg Bite (against Randy Glesing - I ruined this game's chances by misreading the VC)
J179 Resignation Supermen (against JR Van Mechelen who ripped me a new one)
RPT144 Got Me a Tank (against Andrew Hershey - a great teacher whenever I've played him; his 10-2-led .50-cal was fearsome and ensured too few North Koreans were in a position to contest the victory buildings)
DTF-4 Death to Fascism (against Tuomo Lukkari - as described above; and his Russians also had a 9-1-led .50-cal that clearly had an ammo trailer with it! :D ).

Ended 5:5, which I can live with! :D

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
FrF87 Mormal Forest (against Cary Tyler; Cary is new to ASL but has good tactical instincts - a close game)
I looking forward to a rematch next year at ASLOK (if possible). See if the 9-1 leader gets locked in melee again. :)

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As well as you played, Cary, you’ll be scary after another year of practicing ASL! :D

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
DTF-1 is a night/day action and is interesting with fanatic Italians who do not seem to break when FPF-ing.
Before anyone has a hot flush: Ray is referring to his opponent's dice, not to any SSR we put in place. The Italians do break if you roll higher than 8 on FPF.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Before anyone has a hot flush: Ray is referring to his opponent's dice, not to any SSR we put in place. The Italians do break if you roll higher than 8 on FPF.
For those playing for years with six moral Italians it was nice to see the shoe somewhat on the other foot (i.e. second line Brits).