best running back in history inducted

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Barry Sanders was inducted into the Hall of Fame yesterday.
Talk about one heck of a running back.

Mark
Deo Vindice

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by last_cav1971

Mark
Deo Vindice
And greedy and selfish. Oh, We're talking about Barry and not Ricky 'the idiot' Williams. :D

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Mark
Deo Vindice
Imagine what he could have done if he hadn't retired early. He could still be playing today. He was one of the classy guys.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
His dad in the intro said he was the third best :D
I think he is the best. I love watching highllights of his moves...

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, Barry was good; just didn't like the way he ended his career. I think Gale Sayers is right up there, who knows what he could have done if he stayed healthy. I'd make a point to watch Chicago games just to see him.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by sickpup
Go Lions! This year will be the year!
the year...they lose again? :D
I still think them and the Texans have another year or two. If Harrington develops, and Rogers turns out as good as he should, they should compete for a while down the road though.

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If Sanders would have had an offensive line like some of the other teams (ie, Washington, Dallas, etc. in the mid to late 90's) imagine what he could have done. I think he would have broken all the records..............he just had the moves.

Mark
Deo Vindice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He was the best. If he had kept playing, he would have easily broken the all time rushing record, and extended it almost out of reach. He really had the moves. Its fun to watch him.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Peachy Carnehan
He was the best. If he had kept playing, he would have easily broken the all time rushing record, and extended it almost out of reach. He really had the moves. Its fun to watch him.
I agree. For skill, he was the best running back ever, followed closely by Jim Brown. Going on accomplishments, though, I'd have to say Walter Payton.

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If Sanders would have had an offensive line like some of the other teams (ie, Washington, Dallas, etc. in the mid to late 90's) imagine what he could have done. I think he would have broken all the records..............he just had the moves.
Amen. The guy missed five games during one season (due to injury) and still ended up with over 1000 yards rushing. He was, hands down, one of the best - if not the best. He was certainly the most exciting to watch... you always had the feeling that the next play could be the one he broke open for 6.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Amen. The guy missed five games during one season (due to injury) and still ended up with over 1000 yards rushing. He was, hands down, one of the best - if not the best. He was certainly the most exciting to watch... you always had the feeling that the next play could be the one he broke open for 6.
Exactly. I would hate to have to play defense against him. I can't imagine him on being on a team with even an average offense. He would have been unstoppable with just a little passing game.

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Imagine him playing with the offensive line that Dallas had from 95 up............you see what E. Smith did............he was good.....but nowhere close to Sanders.

Mark
Deo Vindice

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Imagine him playing with the offensive line that Dallas had from 95 up............you see what E. Smith did............he was good.....but nowhere close to Sanders.

Mark
Deo Vindice
Right. Put Sanders with Dallas, or Pittsburgh, or San Francisco in the early 90s and he would've broken every record, even with his early retirement.

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim Brown was the best period. He controled the leauge and took on every defense they could throw at him.

But, my heart goes to Payton....he was great to see.

BigMik1

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Mark
Deo Vindice
Behind one of these teams, he would have probably stayed and tried to get a Super Bowl ring.

BigMik1

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by gobeavs
the year...they lose again? :D
I still think them and the Texans have another year or two. If Harrington develops, and Rogers turns out as good as he should, they should compete for a while down the road though.
The Texans will have a good year, but I think next year will be the big one. But, fans here in Houston have expectations this year. The honeymoon is over.

BigMik1