Best Lone Cannuck campaign?

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've played PHD and am playing OzB. A wholehearted thumbs up on the former and I'm kind of lukewarm on the later. -Sully

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hell's Highway (which should be re-named 'A Plague of Panthers ') is the only LC product which I did not enjoy playing and have regretted buying. Perhaps it may have a certain appeal for those who are looking for a CG in which the allies cannot win and the German player can draw from an apparently bottomless pit of Panthers and halftracks during the reinforcement phases. Seriously, after a few turns there are so many German vehicles cluttering the map that it actually impairs the movement of the next mob of Panthers and halftracks entering in the following turns.
Allied air support, the small number of 57mm AT guns, and a couple of Sherman Fireflies appearing in the later turns will most likely be unable to prevent the inevitable German victory.

On the plus side, Hell's Highway has one of the most aesthetically pleasing maps which I have ever seen in the ASL system.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LC CG's are very straight forward, nothing crazy complicated, OB's are small with short campaigns. Nothing like say RB or KGP as far as intensity goes. I thought Purple heart draw was a good CG.

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
+1 for Purple Heart Draw. I played and won Bloody Buron but it was less fun...don't think I'm psychologically suited to taking -2 shots from ROF3 weapons...I whined like a girl until I got into the village.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ozzy Bay for me. Poor quality trips on both sides and the Stuart tanks reign supreme!

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Played the Crossing the Moro campaign as the defending Canadians (?). First scenario was okay as my anti tank guns performed well against the German armour. But once his 8 morale infantry and assault engineers got into the village it ended very quickly. It was also obvious pretty early on that this would be the outcome. Didn't enjoy it.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Hell's Highway (which should be re-named 'A Plague of Panthers ') is the only LC product which I did not enjoy playing and have regretted buying. Perhaps it may have a certain appeal for those who are looking for a CG in which the allies cannot win and the German player can draw from an apparently bottomless pit of Panthers and halftracks during the reinforcement phases. Seriously, after a few turns there are so many German vehicles cluttering the map that it actually impairs the movement of the next mob of Panthers and halftracks entering in the following turns.
Allied air support, the small number of 57mm AT guns, and a couple of Sherman Fireflies appearing in the later turns will most likely be unable to prevent the inevitable German victory.

On the plus side, Hell's Highway has one of the most aesthetically pleasing maps which I have ever seen in the ASL system.
This is my least favorite as well. The Allies cannot win. Way too many hexes need to be controlled.

I really liked PHD.

Peace

Roger