Best CG games that fit this description...

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
This is easy...

Hands down, The CG which probably best fits your specifications is the Operation Turnscrew CG which is included with Dispatches From the Bunker #44.
Designed by Tom Morin, the CG depicts the late 1944 assault on Rees, Germany by British forces. Although the battle occurs in a city on the Rhine River, there are no amphibious landings, river crossings, airborne landings, etc. There are vehicles in this, but not an excessive number or complex assortment. There are 5 stand alone scenarios for this action, in addition to the CG. Also included are designers notes and another excellent article by Carl Nogueira I thoroughly enjoyed playing this one, and I recommend it very highly.
Another typically excellent, well play tested product from the Bunker crew.
If interested and not a subscriber, get a hold of me, Vic (publisher of Dispatches from the Bunker) at: aslbunker@aol.com

I'll get you the info you need when you do. You can also check my monthly update in the Emporium link here at Game Squad.

Tom took a scenario I originally designed for On All Fronts in the 80s and did some research to truly flesh out what happened there with a beautiful HASL map, 5 scenarios and a manageable campaign. We did have a blast in playtest, the British have a slight edge but the Germans will not give up that town easily. Let me know if interested and I'll hook you up, Vic.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Besides the ones already mentioned:
Lone Canuck Publishing Ozereyka Bay
Bounding Fire Productions Operation Neptune
Critical Hit Platoon Leader 1.0 (original 1995 version), if you can track down a copy for cheap.

Also here is a free way to try later version of Platoon Leader 2.5:

And a free post-war Chinese CG for Platoon Leader, from View From The Trenches magazine:
I immediately went to Ozereyka Bay too. Not too many vehicles, short, interesting situation with naval OBA, aircraft and axis minors.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Yup, Ozerekya Bay by Lone Canuck. I’ve played it three times. Very few vehicles, no night, simple campaign rules. About as straightforward as it gets.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Yet another vote for OzB, and can recommend RftM by LCP as well. IIRC, a handful of ACs and motorcycles is as vehicle-y as it gets.