Best CG games that fit this description...

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
  1. Not a butt-load of vehicles. Some is definitely cool, but not tons. Props to CGs with RGs with limited numbers (1-2) of interesting vehicles. Trucks/HTs that are just meant to run on-board, deliver troops, then can be run off-board with no real detriment to the player are fine. Some Guns are fine, even desirable in limited supply, but not necessary.
  2. Not overly complex. Easy to get up to speed.
  3. Relatively short. Around 5 CG dates or less.
Asking for actual CGs, not just modules. General description is fine if you don't know the actual name or CG number - just something to identify which CG.

Last edited:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
How about Berlin Red Vengeance? I know the Russians have AFV to attack with, but not sure how many.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Red Barricades CG II
Operation Hubertus
With the Leaflet House Rules, that make the CG much better.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Another on the list, would be Kampgruppe Pieper, Bridge at Chenuex. American Para vs German SS.
Have a handful of handwritten LHR, make a request and I can translate it to Americano.

Last edited:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Pegasus Bridge is a downtrotten dog that the Engländer simple cannot win, regardless how good the CG kick-off for the British, the Germans will grind them down and easily achieve victory.
And it is a longer CG than you wanted.

Bob Miller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
+1 to some of the boys recommendations above.

Purple Heart Draw for sure. George Killian I will be playing LFT's Inor CG soon and that sounds like it would fit your requirements as well. Also Primsole Bridge. I never played it but vehicles have a hard time in Olive groves I would reckon.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
  1. Not a butt-load of vehicles. Some is definitely cool, but not tons. Props to CGs with RGs with limited numbers (1-2) of interesting vehicles. Trucks/HTs that are just meant to run on-board, deliver troops, then can be run off-board with no real detriment to the player are fine. Some Guns are fine, even desirable in limited supply, but not necessary.
  2. Not overly complex. Easy to get up to speed.
  3. Relatively short. Around 5 CG dates or less.
Asking for actual CGs, not just modules. General description is fine if you don't know the actual name or CG number - just something to identify which CG.
This is easy...

Hands down, The CG which probably best fits your specifications is the Operation Turnscrew CG which is included with Dispatches From the Bunker #44.
Designed by Tom Morin, the CG depicts the late 1944 assault on Rees, Germany by British forces. Although the battle occurs in a city on the Rhine River, there are no amphibious landings, river crossings, airborne landings, etc. There are vehicles in this, but not an excessive number or complex assortment. There are 5 stand alone scenarios for this action, in addition to the CG. Also included are designers notes and another excellent article by Carl Nogueira I thoroughly enjoyed playing this one, and I recommend it very highly.
Another typically excellent, well play tested product from the Bunker crew.

Last edited:

Horrido

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Manilla has few AFVs, and due to ETO terrain you only have to deal with a few pages of Chapter G. Makes learning the Japanese a little less painful. Hattan has a good balance of AFVs and squads, I thought.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Inor or Purple Heart Draw fit the bill the best.

If you have Operation Cobra (BFP fame), they have an excellent article on bocage that really gets to the basics.
Excellent point...I'm going a bit off topic here, but I was a bit intimidated by bocage. One CG of Purple
Heart Draw and it's second nature now.

indy

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I wouldn't call Hatten a butt-load of vehicles and it certainly fulfills requirement 2 and 3.