Best ASL product in 2007

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
You can find the discussion HERE.

You DON'T have to register and you can cast 3 votes.
Write down your impression and comments if you like.

regards

paolo

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
You forgot ESG's Dezign Pak! Glennbo will be onto you with his gang of Detroit hoodlums. :laugh:

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You forgot ESG's Dezign Pak! Glennbo will be onto you with his gang of Detroit hoodlums. :laugh:
That's O.K. :) Time for someone else to have a chance. It gets embarrassing to win these polls all the time. :D

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I voted:

AP#3 Few Returned - Love the Italian scenarios. Pitbull did a great job on these scenarios.

Recon By Fire #4 - Excellent countersheet included with lots of scenarios. This is my favorite RbF so far.

Schwerpunkt #13 - Typical solid product by the Florida guys.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can find the discussion HERE.

You DON'T have to register and you can cast 3 votes.
Write down your impression and comments if you like.
I voted for the only "real" ASL products on the list. The rest was just pirated, rip-off products. :smoke:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Voted for Dorosh's very useful scenario design book, but Dezign Pak 3 is my runner-up. Why is ESG not on the list?? :)

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I voted for Few Returned, Friendly Fire, and Schwerpunkt. Lots of good stuff last year, tough to vote for just 3.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
The poll should be "what have you test driven". Maybe by 2017 I will have read, played, touched them all. Seems the vote for number two and three will mean more. No way the official ASL product will fail to be number one.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if any of those would be in the Top 3 in 2008?

VotG 1, ITR 2, AP4 3??

Actually I would put VotG and ITR ,1 and 1A,

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if any of those would be in the Top 3 in 2008?

VotG 1, ITR 2, AP4 3??

Actually I would put VotG and ITR ,1 and 1A,
So far my 2008 vote would be:

1. Valor of the Guards - MMP (The best module since AOO. The scenarios are much better than RB.)

2. Kreta: Operation Merkur - Heat of Battle (White noise about the map drowned out the discussion about how good this module actually is!)

3. Into the Rubble - Bounding Fire (Buy it before they're gone. It's really good. You've been warned, so no whining about a $200 ITR in a couple of years on eBay when you can get it now for $40)

Buck K

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've only played a few scenarios from 2007, but I have enjoyed scenarios from Design Pack 3, also.

Buck.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My top choice was Friendly Fire Pack 3. These guys have become tops in scenario pack offerings with unique, balanced, exciting and fun scenarios that will become classics with time...Maczek Fire Brigade, Wunderwaffe, Elephants Unleashed, About His Shadowy Sides... There are many more that, while perhaps not on the road to "classic-dom", are extremely well-balanced and fun.

Looking forward to FF4 at ASLOK. Hopefully, we'll see some PTO this time around (hint, hint).

Cheers!

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So far my 2008 vote would be:

1. Valor of the Guards - MMP (The best module since AOO. The scenarios are much better than RB.)

2. Kreta: Operation Merkur - Heat of Battle (White noise about the map drowned out the discussion about how good this module actually is!)

3. Into the Rubble - Bounding Fire (Buy it before they're gone. It's really good. You've been warned, so no whining about a $200 ITR in a couple of years on eBay when you can get it now for $40)
Kreta forgot about that one. I just haven't had time to play it with VotG and ITR taking up my gaming.

But thats off topic.This about 2007. To tell you the truth nothing in 2007 was really out fo the ordinary for me. YMMV

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I voted for the only "real" ASL products on the list. The rest was just pirated, rip-off products. :smoke:
Hey Tate,
Just wondering, do you prefer a plastic or wooden spoon when you stir the the pot?

Ronnblom

Swedish Terminator
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Looking forward to FF4 at ASLOK. Hopefully, we'll see some PTO this time around (hint, hint).
I'm sorry, Craig. I have to disappoint you. There will be no PTO scenario in Friendly Fire Pack 4. I love the Japanese and the jungle, so it's not that I wouldn't like to have one.

I can almost promise you we'll have one in Pack 5, though.