Best 60s song

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
We got listening to 60s music here today. My favorite song from that era is "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones. Anyone else have a favorite song from those days? You don't need to be a geezer...maybe you heard it in your dad's collection -- or grandpa's.

Thomas McPeek

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones.

Governor of Sinister Correction Centre.

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Im 24 Jeff and I love the oldies stuff. One of my favorite groups is Jefferson airplane. They did a song called White Rabitt. Also like pretty much anything by CCR

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All of these are good songs. :( I can't pick.

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have an oldies station here in houston that I listen to every day on my way to work. The music played today cant even compare to the good ole stuff of yesteryear. The oldie generation is probably the last era that you can actually sing along to

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
Todays stuff if garbage. This is coming from a kid who by default is supposed to listen to it.
Don't worry about it. My 14 yr old son likes some of today's music, but prefers listening to my Zeppelin and other rock CDs.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by DevilDawg
Fortunate Son - CCR
Amen

I have Battlefield: Vietnam, which comes with (about) 14 Vietnam era songs which you can listen to in-game. It has Fortunate Son, War, some Jefferson Airplane and others, it is pretty good. You have to do some stuff to get it burned to a cd though as it isn't in the right format...

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by gobeavs
Amen

I have Battlefield: Vietnam, which comes with (about) 14 Vietnam era songs which you can listen to in-game. It has Fortunate Son, War, some Jefferson Airplane and others, it is pretty good. You have to do some stuff to get it burned to a cd though as it isn't in the right format...
That's part of why I fell in love with the game, the music is great. I had been working on replacing all the songs with other era correct songs, so much fun to drive a tank while listening to some Rolling Stones. :D

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Overseer
That's part of why I fell in love with the game, the music is great. I had been working on replacing all the songs with other era correct songs, so much fun to drive a tank while listening to some Rolling Stones. :D
Peeling out on one of the vespa scooters with music blaring rocks! Until you hear an enemy helicopter playing "Ride of the Valkyries" come up behind you... GO! GO! GO!