Berserker

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Afternoon .. should be a no-brainer but I can't find what to do in this situation. In my previous turns MPh, my Berserk Vanay squad charged towards a known Russian unit that was in the Berserk squads LOS. In my opponents MPh, he moved that squad out of the LOS of my Berserk squad. I am beginning my next MPh but the Berserk squad now has no Known Russian units in LOS. Do I charge my Berserker towards the
hex that was previously occupied by the known Russian squad or does the Berserk squad lose it's Berserk status? CRS! CRS!!
Thank you in advance
Pierce

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Just to confirm Vinnie's answer, here is the quotation of A15.431 pertaining to the question asked :
Should the only Known enemy unit no longer be in his LOS in the interim, the berserk unit still charges toward the hex originally occupied by that unit.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Afternoon .. should be a no-brainer but I can't find what to do in this situation. In my previous turns MPh, my Berserk Vanay squad charged towards a known Russian unit that was in the Berserk squads LOS. In my opponents MPh, he moved that squad out of the LOS of my Berserk squad. I am beginning my next MPh but the Berserk squad now has no Known Russian units in LOS. Do I charge my Berserker towards the
hex that was previously occupied by the known Russian squad or does the Berserk squad lose it's Berserk status? CRS! CRS!!
Thank you in advance
Pierce

I recently had fun with this - see this 'Epic Charge' (in red) by a Russian Berserker chasing no less than 5 different targets in six different locations over the course of five Movement Phases - catching none of them. But at long last returning to normal pretty EXHAUSTED...

See my AAR here for the full story.

But to answer your question:

The Berserker will charge the position where he last saw his target. If, during that charge, a new targets comes into LOS, he will immediately switch and charge that one instead. The Berserker will return to normal if he reaches his target hex devoid of enemies and still no other enemies in LOS at the end of THE (not ITS) MPh (A15.431).

von Marwitz

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the guidance. The Berserk squad charged the last known position and low and behold, the squad saw two 4-5-8's (one with a LMG) and a SU-76. The end result was brutal! I was going to say the squad died with their boots on but I'm certain there were no boots left to be found.