Berserker charge (eye on the prize)

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
In an attempt to use the least amount of MF to charge the nearest in hexes enemy unit can the berserker move out of line of sight of this enemy unit? I believe, yes. Situation was to either bypass a building (1 MF) or go over a hedge (2 MF). Bypassing the building would put would block the LOS between the berserker and his target.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I don't believe there is any type of "charge" (berserk, human wave, banzai) that requires that the unit(s) maintain eye contact.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The important point is to use the least possible amount of MF as far as I see it.
They wanna kill it and they wanna do it ASAP.

von Marwitz

CrashBoom88

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the berserk unit, while bypassing the building, loses sight of the target but comes in LOS of another Known enemy, does it have to change targets?

CrashBoom88

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A15.431 does say if "closer (in hexes)". But as the original enemy unit is no longer a Known enemy unit (it's not in LOS), isn't any enemy unit that the berserk unit then sees a closer Known enemy unit then the original unit?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A15.431 does say if "closer (in hexes)". But as the original enemy unit is no longer a Known enemy unit (it's not in LOS), isn't any enemy unit that the berserk unit then sees a closer Known enemy unit then the original unit?
No, I think the Berserker remembers Where his original target is, NRBH though.

CrashBoom88

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RB says the berserk unit does remember where its original target was "should the only Known enemy unit no longer be in his LOS in the interim."

Not clear that addresses whether the berserk unit can remember anything other than the desire to kill if someone new comes into view when it can't see the original target.

Editted: to remove strikethrough font format.

Last edited:

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can a beserk unit by intentionally going out of LOS of the enemy unit being charged by using bypass, change targets by seeing another closer enemy unit? So the beserker does have ability to chose targets because it could choose to bypass on the side where it remains in LOS of the original target and not in LOS of the distracting enemy unit. Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In my post, the "distracting enemy unit" is the heretofore out of LOS enemy unit which is now closer to the beserker unit. Sorry for my ambiguity.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A Berserk unit must use bypass if that is the shortest route. If it can use bypass to the player's advantage, it can do so.

JR