Berserk leader creation.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
  1. Does my berserk unit create a leader.
  2. Is that leader also berserk.
  3. My my berserk units withdraw.
  4. If the leader is not berserk, may the leader withdraw.
My berserk unit is in melee with 2 and a half enemy squads. I declare an attack against the enemy half squad only.
They miss their attack.
My return attack is a roll of 2.
  1. Yes
  2. No.
  3. Never (A11.2).
  4. No; it can only withdraw if the unit that created it withdraws. But it cannot use leadership DRM for berserker.

....Perry
MMP

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
  1. Yes
  2. No.
  3. Never (A11.2).
  4. No; it can only withdraw if the unit that created it withdraws. But it cannot use leadership DRM for berserker.

....Perry
MMP
I believe the premise is that a Berserk unit in CC rolls an Original 2 DR on a CC attack, resulting in a field promotion [A18.12]. Without that premise, it's a bit hard to understand the question.

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Tried yo add the context in. Harder to do when you have autonumbering to deal with.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My berserk unit is in melee with 2 and a half enemy squads. I declare an attack against the enemy half squad only.
They miss their attack.
My return attack is a roll of 2.
  1. Yes
  2. No.
  3. Never (A11.2).
....Perry
MMP
Why is the answer to #4, in the negative? I just want to follow the rules to see how to get there.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Tried yo add the context in. Harder to do when you have autonumbering to deal with.
If you click the "gear" on the editor menu bar (toggle bb code), it will switch to showing the tags as text instead of the wysiwyg. You can then add newlines (or the full text) above the [list] tag.

JR

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Why is the answer to #4, in the negative? I just want to follow the rules to see how to get there.
I assume this is because a leader created during CC must attack by adding its 1 FP to the CC attempt. Even though A18.12 only says that the leader "must add his leadership", it can not apply leadership to a Berserker. The implication of the RB in conjunction with Perry's reply is that it should now read as follows:

A18.12 CCPh: Anytime a MMC attacking in CC rolls an Original 2 DR, the player makes an immediate dr on the Leader Creation Table. If this results in the creation of a leader, that leader must add his one Inherent FP to the Original 2 CC DR that created him (possibly changing its odds), in addition to his leadership modifier (even if the modifier is a +1).[EXC: if the creating MMC is Berserk, the resulting, GO leader cannot also include its leadership modifier - only its 1FP factor].

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I thought it interesting that despite A18.12 saying it must apply the modifier, he cannot due to the directed unit being berserk.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I thought it interesting that despite A18.12 saying it must apply the modifier, he cannot due to the directed unit being berserk.
I don't think the writers of A18.12 had berserk units in mind at the time of writing.