Berserk A15.43

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
At the start of his MPh, a berserk unit don't have a KEU in its LOS. What does it have to do ?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
A15.431.....Should the only Known enemy unit no longer be in his LOS in the interim, the berserk unit still charges toward the hex originally occupied by that unit. If it still sees no Known enemy unit, it ends its move after entering that Location, and the berserk status is removed at the end of that current phase. Otherwise, it continues its charge to the now nearest Known enemy unit.

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
for me, "in the interim" is related to the charge itself ; so after the charge start, and the charging unit lose his LOS to the targeted unit.
In my question, we are just before the charge start ; so the mention "in the interim" is not related to this unit wich did not start his charge.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
"in the interim" - is not just related to the charge. The unit will charge towards the hex it last saw a known enemy unit.

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Since A15.431 seems related to the charge procedure, for me, it's not the clearer part of the RB :p
But rules guru speaks ?‍?
Merci Klas.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
for me, "in the interim" is related to the charge itself ; so after the charge start, and the charging unit lose his LOS to the targeted unit.
In my question, we are just before the charge start ; so the mention "in the interim" is not related to this unit wich did not start his charge.
As long as there was a KEU when the HoB DR was resolved, once the unit becomes berserk it charges the place it last saw a KEU no matter when that KEU went away. For example if the HoB DR occurred during the resolution of OBA, the only KEU was also in the FFE in a hex that had not yet been resolved, and after the hex with the enemy unit was resolved the last KEU was eliminated, the berserk unit would still charge that hex.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Here is an old (unofficial) Q&A as well, that touches on the matter

A15.431 A Berserk unit starts its MPh with no Known enemy unit in LOS and charges the last
known position of an enemy unit. During the charge, it comes into LOS of a known enemy
unit. Does it now alter its course to charge the new known enemy unit even if farther away than
the position it was originally charging?
A. Yes. [Compil9]

9) 27 February 1999