Ben's work

Marko

Reaction score
Country
ll
Quoted from Ben Turner:

"Here we go. I've essentially done the whole OOB.

What remains to be done:
Someone needs to contact Mark Stevens (I don't have his E-mail) or some other enterprising young soul and get me a copy of the latest version of EA with all the Eastern Crusade events taken out- and please get him to hold off on any more updates until I'm done with this process.

Then I need to import my OOB in its entireity to that latest version of EA. Work out which events need to point to which units, etc.

I'll need to sort out replacement rates for the better part of a thousand equipment types. About half of that's already done.

I'll need to work in the few new events I'm creating (Strategic Bombing etc.)

THEN two brave souls can volunteer to make the first run through. Warszawa falls and the Turkish army surrenders and we go back to the editor to work out what was wrong.... someone demands to know why I used Polish manpower for Communist Rumania, I have a nervous breakdown and drown myself in the Thames.... "

Taken from TDG forum.

Lou

Event Engineer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I admit to working on an EC version.

I have 72 events that can be considered free. I expect to free a minimum of 8 and possibly 20 more in the 222 events remaining. Some of those events have to be replaced with new ones. Using closed loops it is possible to get the same effect with less events.

My original goals

1. To create a 4-season weather cycle and the possibility of a harsh winter.

2. To create a spring and fall Ceasefire with storms and retain the current shock values.

3. To include a supply reduction and recovery.

--The above can be done with 46 events, but additional testing is required to refine the exact timing. This includes those events necessary to continue the spring and fall storms after the ceasefires end.

5. To rewrite the variable sequence reflecting a random creeping increase instead of bursts and bumps of 15 and 20. This can be done with 4 events.

6. To have the Theater Recon increase from Ultra reflecting a random creeping increase instead of a single burst. This can be done with 4 events.

7. Add approximately 200 units, 10-12 formations, using 10-12 events to withdraw them. They would be used to convert areas to appropriate zone of control when countries surrender,

8. Change a couple of theater options, requiring at most 2 additional events.

9. Increase the supply value of Ploesti. When lost to the Germans it was providing 45% of their oil requirements. Have not even started to look at implementation yet. Other supply events would have to be changed, it would require 2 additional events.

I have since thought of several more that could be added, but admit it is just greed. I would prefer to have enough events to complete the first six. For 7 I could get by with 33 units and a formation for each side, this needs 2 events. The rest could be considered chrome.

I am willing to send what I have, and communicate when I can. The job takes me to locations without Internet access about half the time.

Later

Lou

Namdamoon@aol.com