Behind the Beachhead

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Greetings all,

Just updating you on what is going on at Lone Canuck Publishing. With help from the Victoria ASL Group, we are undertaking a playtest of scenarios to be used in the upcoming Behind the Beachhead (BtB) Campaign. What the BtB involves is three axes of advance each with 3 scenarios to be played. Each side accumulates Tournament Points (TP) or Campaign Game Points (CGP) during each scenarios. At the end the totals TP/CGP are totalled and the side with most points is declared the winner, with the tie going to the German.

Each map is 24x18 (1") hexes, comprised of large amounts of bocage, some hills, gullies, and buildings. The order of battles have an "At Start" force which is supplemented with a variable force comprised of either fortifications, guns, infantry, AFVs, or a combination of all them. Each side is infantry heavy, with three of the scenarios having M4 Sherman tanks, three scenarios having guarantee OBA + and another three scenarios having a chance at receiving additional OBA. The scenario lengths are from 6.5 to 8 turns long with some scenarios either side receiving reinforcements from off map.

If you're interested in participating in the Team Tournament check out: Behind the Beachhead ASL Team Tournament

Axis of Advance: Isigny
A1 - Road to Isgny

A2- Hill 35
A3- Supply Depot

Axis of Advance: Aure Valley
B1 - Across the Aure Valley

B2 - Half its Mission
B3 - Thunder Along the Elle

Axis of Advance Cerisy Forest
C1 - Going in Light

C2 - Weathering the Storm
C3 - Crossroads Showdown

If you're interested in participating in the Team Tournament check out: Behind the Beachhead ASL Team Tournament

Last edited:

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
George and I play tested the "Supply Dump" last night. My Americans attacked George's Germans with me making slow progress in the first 3 turns. I though I would run out time to take the buildings I needed. But with the help of a Berserker who broke a HMG and 81*MTR crews to helped swing the scenario in my favor. It still came down to the last turn. Great fun.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
George
It looks like the map pictures for A2 "Hill 35"and A3 "Supply Dump" are crossed.
Dave