beginner peninsula game

Mason Jar

Reaction score
I haven’t played by mail in three years would appreciate some help to get restarted. I should be an easy opponent due to “ring rust.” I’ve been playing the AI all this time and am sure I have picked up all kinds of stupid tactical habits.

I’m planning on purchasing some new games so I’d love to hear what is popular right now.

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Antietam is the latest, and is very highly recommended by me. It covers such a wide variety of battles that it's fantastic.
How large a Peninsula batter were you looking at?

Mason Jar

Reaction score
. I've already ordered Antietam. You get 1st and 2nd Bull Run with it. I have the BG version of Bull Run (somewhere) and I really enjoyed it. So Antietam sounds like a very good deal with lots of maps and variations.

I've managed to force my family to visit Antietam during a near by vacation so I know the terrain a little. I only had a day but got a pretty good ranger tour that covered The Corn Field, Sunken Road and Burnside Bridge.

I would be happy to play any size peninsular battle, so take your pick. Savage Station is one that I have not looked at much, if you want some kind of suggestion. I enjoy the small short ones as much as the big long ones. Untangling the units and getting them all on the right road really gives you a since of sympathy for the commanders, and makes all the botched deployments more forgivable.

Mostly I'm just tired of knowing what the AI is going to do ahead of time.