BB's movie Review #2

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another batch of rented movies.. I love Hollywood Video 99 cents for 5 nights, 4.99 for nights games....

Deathwatch- Another paranoia strikes deep war movie. Strange but I like it and the British actors are hilarious as they slowly go insane and turn on each other. Recommended.

When Trumpets Fade- Me and my dad heard of it never saw it.. Well I have now... Awesome little movie about the Hurtgen Forest in Nov. Interesting story line following some members of the 28th. HBO was showing this way before BoB. HIGHLY Recommended.

Next if Phone Booth as soon as I watch it. I hear Colin Farrel speaks more Irish (and curses) in this movie than Irish people do!

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I too was just looking at that When Trumpets fade, but passed over it. I'll get it next time, thanks to your comments.

And, yes, be ready for some seriously harsh language in Phonebooth. Well, how would you feel & react if a sniper had you pinned in one?! :armed:

Reaction score
Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
When Trumpets Fade- Me and my dad heard of it never saw it.. Well I have now... Awesome little movie about the Hurtgen Forest in Nov. Interesting story line following some members of the 28th. HBO was showing this way before BoB. HIGHLY Recommended.
I've never heard of this movie. Who's in it and when was it made?

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: BB's movie Review #2

Originally posted by Lance Williams
I've never heard of this movie. Who's in it and when was it made?
When Trumpets Fade is a HBO movie made in 1998. It stars Ron Eldard, Frank Whaley, Martin Donovan and Dwight Yoakam. I personally really like the movie.

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bought When Trumpet fades for 5 dollars at walmart, not bad for a bargain bend movie. At least it had Dwight Yokam in it:thumb:

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Phonebooth was all right. I didn't think it was all that amazing but it's watchable once.

This summer has just been watching primarily old horror movies on the movie theater screen (although sometime soon we're gonna watch Aliens on the big screen too).

Marines

Reaction score
Good movie.:thumb:

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
I too was just looking at that When Trumpets fade, but passed over it. I'll get it next time, thanks to your comments.

And, yes, be ready for some seriously harsh language in Phonebooth. Well, how would you feel & react if a sniper had you pinned in one?! :armed:
Hes gonna have some target practice.... Besides the guy fired 3 shots, if he wasn't thinking he wouldn't have reloaded... A Remington 700 no matter what caliber has 5. And you have to load them one at a time. He has TWO shots with a bolt action rifle... I wish him luck. Cuz I can't play mind games at all.