BBB 24

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another year and the 24th BBB (Brackin Basement Bash) was held on August 28, 2021. There we 15 intrepid games who braved the first bad weather day since we moved it to August. The only serious casualty was Paul Sidhu dropping his Rat Chart in a puddle causing some warping. He apparently was not aware that Rats abandon a flooded ship and I guess the same goes for puddles.

Without further ado here are the results:

#221 – Mountain Hunters – Walt Uliki’s Russians defeated Jonathan Lapleau’s Axis.

SP-55 – Gerneralisimo’s Own - Ron Duenskie’s Chinese defeated Steve Kyles Japanese

DASL 38 – Himmler’s House – Vince Maresca’s Germans defeated Jeff Miller’s Russians

166 – Skiing in Lapland – Bret Johnson’s Russians defeated Rob Schoenen’s Finnish

FT101 – Fire and Ice – Vince Lewonski’s Yugoslavs defeated Paul Sidhu’s Germans

BoF13 – Titensonntag – Chad Mekash’s Polish defeated Bob Dengler’s Germans

DftB42 – Point 247 – Andy Hershey’s French defeated John Haughey’s Germans

ROMA 1 – Eight Million Bayonets – Bob Dengler’s Italians defeated Chad Mekash’s Greeks

170 – 11th Company Counterattack – Bret Johnson’s Finnish defeated Rob Schoenen’s Russians

PP1 – Cut the Road to Marseilles – Andy Hershey’s Germans defeated Vince Lewonski’s French

Prior to the Bash I was able to get in a game FT300 – Fox in the Cold with Andy Hershey. Despite valiant efforts of my CPVA to overrun Fox Company, I did lose on the CVP cap in a very tight scenario which I highly recommend.

The evening festivities featured a pair of games of Apocalypse Road (GMT Games) with Rob Schoenen getting revenge for his two ASL losses with two victories here.

I believe that all had a very good time and are looking forward to the 25th BBB next year!