Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why everyone is done but you guys!!! :mad:

Oh... wait. :eek:
2/3rds of the games are still going on... :whist:
We'll bump round 5 back to May 30th. :halo:
That puts this at 5 months running time. :shock:

The top scores are tight, still an open game to see who are the top 2 players.

Victor Charlie: 602
KG_ThorsHammer: 575
ER_Chaser: 545
KG_Cloghaun: 497
Tripps: 456
Mike69: 453
GAZ NZ: 448
rwcanuck: 420
KG Koz: 410
NiG: 389

Last edited:

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
think its to be expected - takes me half an hour sometimes just to watch all the action in one turn, let alone plot all the moves :)

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can you tell I enjoy running them for you- the players & not some kind of elite "tourney status" we have to maintain.

Whats the point of running one if the players don't get to play the scenarios & have fun doing it.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FINAL Rd5 Results: AL - 7, Ax - 3

AL:
Major -1
Minor- 3
Draw- 3

Ax:
Major- 1
Minor- 2

Note: The 3 AL Draw wins were by a combined total of just 14 points!
Must have been some real street to street "Grinding" going on in those games. :surprise:

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:vegguitar: :coolban: :redapple: :banana: :vegguitar:

We have our 2 challengers to battle for the Championship in Rd 6.
Based on the final scores after 5 rounds & a possibile 1000 points it's clear who they are. :thumup:
Victor Charlie & KG_Cloghaun! :clap:

Total Score
Victor Charlie: 602
KG_Cloghaun: 601
Tripps: 590
KG_ThorsHammer: 575
ER_Chaser: 545
GAZ NZ: 544
Mike69: 519
rwcanuck: 420
KG Koz: 410
NiG: 389
KG_Panther: 362
KG_AGCent: 327
Arom Dov: 295
Doodlebug: 292
*KG_Leopard: 184
Nik: 175
Gonzo: 172
*KG_Jag: 129
*late round subs.

Congratulations to our top 2 players & now on to Sept '44 in Hungary & the Championship Round! :bite:

Last edited:

KG_Cloghaun

Oberste Befehlshaber
Reaction score
Congratulations on reaching the finals, VC.

I am sending you a forum PM with my email address. FYI.

I look forward to playing you.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm, :whist:
Way back when I started this tourney I had the final round in mind, nice and compact. But as with most of my scenarios they claw their way out of the "screen" to become big brutes :freak: that beat me to a pulp. :whlchr:

This one was no different and with thoughts of the huge scenario "Sidedoor into Olympus Pass" still in my mind I decided (very late) to rework this one down to a decent size (1AM and I just got done with another "reworking.") But it's still nearly a mile across, 50 turns long & 15,000 pts! :crosseye:

I even "relaxed" spenting a little time doing some "new" tank vs tank & ATG vs tank tests. Then several hours researching the chance that those type of tanks could even be there. I won't tell you how few tanks were involved or you'll think I'm crazier than you already do! (And no, they were not there. :mad: )

Hopefully I will now quickly whittle this one down so it can be played under a year!

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Congrats KG_Klog and VC :clap:

Did my best to get up there with the final round and maybe technically i should have been up there, but never mind, dont really fancy taking on either of you in a hurry, especially VC - my bogey opponent :devious:

To the victor the spoils!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes.
Soon, very soon.
This is a large scenaro with a lot of changes needing to be made.
A few "things" were discovered late to dictate additional changes. Like finding out that the A.I. sudddenly decided to move key defensive FORMATIONS clear across the map for NO reason. :mad: :censored: That was a waste of 20 hours work. :( (I hope that was clear & precise enough) Hard to balance when the enemy doesn't defend. Playing bothsides it was tweaked & re-tweaked. Now I'm finalizing it-again.

With this one being nearly 21,000 pts & 50+ turns it's bloody hell to accurately re-re-playtest when each major correction can affect the end game. Each turn can take an hour to do "manually & tactically" from bothsides so the end game outcome is "reasonable."

(btw- Ever have your tanks & 1/2T's etc run OUT of ammo and realize you're not 1/2 way across the map yet? = major tweaks.)

I'll tell you two weird things that happened in a playtest: a REG 4-6 INF held out for 41 turns (yes 41 confirmed turns!) of constant attacks: tanks rounds, mortar fire, Arty fire, MG fire, you name it I used it. That unit would not rout or break & he automatically drew LOS fire from every direction every turn. It finally required a costly close assault before he went down (once you see the map you'll understand why it took 41 turns to get at him). When the assault finally went off he was a 3-7 unit. After 40 turns of fire it lost only 1 guy. :nuts:

The second was a tank duel that never happened. Both tanks had fast moved & actually ran into each other head-on around a "corner." But then they started shooting at OTHER targets for a full turn. A check showed that they both had a 0% black LOS on the other tank-go figure too close to see. One was killed next turn by another unit.

Now back to the editor! ;)

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The final match-ups for the 6th Round.

Only 6 players (besides the top 2) from the tourney have indicated they want to join in & play.

In pt. order & matchups:
(only 1 pt separates the 1st & 2nd place finishers 602:601)

#1 Victor Charlie :freak: Did not point-win a round, but took a solid 4th or 5th place every round & now holds 1st place! :surprise:
vs.
#2 KG-Cloghaun :bite: Took 2nd place 3 out of 5 rounds. :cool:

Mike69 :devil:
vs.
KG_Thorshammer :ar15:

Rwcanuck :bandit:
vs.
NiG :eek:gre:

KG-Panther :p
vs.
KG-Jag :popc1:

Last edited:

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I diiid i diiiid, i did see a puddy tat - i mean, i did say i was in, on June 12th...

Ah well, never mind

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's been more than a year since we started but KG_Panther and I have finally completed both of our games. The patient gods of war must have been smiling on me as I was able to pull out a major victory as the Soviets and a minor one as the Axis.

My victory level as the Soviets should only have been a tactical one. The reason I got more is because of the auto surrender of the Axis forces. While I greatly enjoyed this battle (in spite of all those damn cliffs :upset: ), I believe that some tweaking of the battle would be a good idea--especially if it is used in tournament play. That is Kerry should increase the Axis fanaticism or have unending conscript kubelwagon Axis reinforcements--something to avoid Axis auto surrender.

Kerry thanks for another excellent CM monster battle!