BB Top 16 Round 5

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ER Chaser is apparently a busy dude these days. I sent him a file a while back, but he says it will be some time before he can start the game. Once the game starts, ER says he will be fast.

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
And I apologize for this situation --- to everyone, esp. Nemesis Lead ---- I am sneaking this msg at office (think about it, I was so relaxed before and could chat for hours at office ... :( ... ).

Jay, I will try to see when I can squeeze a bit time to do the tedious setups. Also, I think you should be both files right? Please set everything up in the german side file as well (that way, you do not have to wait until I send you a file to think the setup). Once I can send you my setup, you can just quickly duplicate the setup which will be much faster.

And again, sorry for this mess.

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey ER,

We are running into the language barrier again, mate. :)

Am I to understand that:

1) You will reply to the Soviet setup file that I sent you?

2) I should go ahead and do the German setup file and send it to you (and then you will respond to that file)?

Not really sure what you mean by "duplicate setup." Not interested in doing it either ;)

Please let me know,

Jay

Last edited:

rwcanuck

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Games over

Games with Doodlebug are now over...

2 tough battles with Dave coming out point wise in the end:
112 to 88.

It was slow going for the Russians in both games and back flags were never threatened.

Great Tourney and quite challenging against very good players.

Cheers

Rob

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is called a nice day for the ARTY guy's! :devil:

Although, I think several of those count as "friendly fire!" :crosseye:

A bit hard to read but that's 63 Inf / 86 Inf & 3 SC's.

I guess an avalanche of nearly 200 300mm shells on a small map can make for an impressive BOOM!

And this was still an AX Min!

Nice game Dave/Rob.

Last edited:

Doodlebug

Reaction score
Country
ll
Being a generally shifty sort of individual I had an awesomely cunning plan to give my opponent just enough rope to hang himself. I would allow him to make a start, reveal his line of attack then position my carefully concealed reserve in his path to thoroughly bloody his nose.

The pick of the HMG42 teams were waiting. A top notch headquarters was waiting. The loaded HT's were waiting. All were ready to roll.

Picture my disgust, nay contempt, when that scoundrel of an opponent refused to obligingly advance in a discernable schwerpunkt, I dithered and he dropped not one, not two but three THREE! of those blasted rockets in the tightest little pattern you could ever wish to see right on my reserve. To add insult to injury some reinforcements had just decided to appear and join the happy throng. The result, on the whole, was less than savoury. The screen shot doesn't do justice as it singularily fails to take note of the immobilised Stuh42 who spent the game gun pointing at the nearby friendly VL. How we laughed!

Of course it would be foolish of me to not learn from the experience. What you may ask? Don't bunch up? Disperse the reserve till needed? No. What then?
Never trust a Canadian with rockets that's what!

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,

Unfortunately, I am withdrawing from the CMBB Top Players Tourney.

"Real life" limits me to about 6 PBEM games at a time. I have held two of these "game slots" open for 7 WEEKS now waiting for ER Chaser to start his games with me. Despite all my pestering, I still have not gotten a file or a firm committment on when our games will start.....

I am filling these slots with different games and will lack the bandwidth to play CMBB Top Players (I also lack the patience to wait anymore).

Very sorry......but I am sure you will understand that 7 weeks is just too long keep precious gaming slots open.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No problem Jay, there's no way to get far into the round now with only 3 weeks left.

ER- will have to think about getting any score for this round. At most you will just have to take the average % (win/lose?) for bothsides and hope KG-Cloghaun doesn't sweep his games.
Comments anyone?

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ER's last post was more than two weeks ago. While I may not be privileged to know the entire picture, it is very difficult to explain a delay of two months, give or take--and that's just to get the game underway. I came into the tournament as a late substitute in this round. Yet Pete (KG_Leopard aka Scipio) and I are already well underway (but still behind the pack), despite major time zone differences. Yet as I understand it, ER's game was never started or at least never reached the point where the first turn movie was generated to either player.

The bottom line is that unless ER has a very good excuse (of which--if one exists, I am not aware of same) not only for the delay but also for the length of it, he should not be eligible for the finals. I understand that real life happens. But a two month hiatus is very hard for the rest of a tournament field to endure, particularly when that field is comprised of the top players at SZO.

Further Jay should not be made to suffer becaue of this course of events.

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jay jumped in as a substitue player (thank you!) and never got in a turn (?) so he will not be losing or winning any matches.

Last edited:

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct--I sent him one setup file with no file return for seven weeks. That was the extent of our game. I seek no victory and certainly don't want a defeat! :laugh:

Last edited:

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Kerry, I just received Jay's email reminding me of missing the deadlines of our tourney. Sigh.. I am so sorry for being the trouble for everyone here. Seriously, I must apologize for the situation here.

And I am not sure when I will be able to get out of this mess --- Kerry, and other tourney players as well, please let me know what is the proper status I should take --- frankly speaking, I probably should deserve a forfeit although I really do not want to. But considering my uncertain schedule ahead and also the fairness of the tourney, this might be the correct thing to call. Please let me know, Kerry ---- if anything, it is all MY fault. :salute:

(p.s.: even if I had time to play Nemesis Lead, I would have more chances to lose anyway ---- he is a better player :) )

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
KG_Jag said:
ER's last post was more than two weeks ago. While I may not be privileged to know the entire picture, it is very difficult to explain a delay of two months, give or take--and that's just to get the game underway. I came into the tournament as a late substitute in this round. Yet Pete (KG_Leopard aka Scipio) and I are already well underway (but still behind the pack), despite major time zone differences. Yet as I understand it, ER's game was never started or at least never reached the point where the first turn movie was generated to either player.

The bottom line is that unless ER has a very good excuse (of which--if one exists, I am not aware of same) not only for the delay but also for the length of it, he should not be eligible for the finals. I understand that real life happens. But a two month hiatus is very hard for the rest of a tournament field to endure, particularly when that field is comprised of the top players at SZO.

Further Jay should not be made to suffer becaue of this course of events.
Oh, I made the first post without reading anything. And then come back with this post. :)

Yes, I agree completely with KG_Jag. I think I should concede in this round and disqualify for the final round as well. (both as a tourney rule requirement and reality concerns, as I stated in the previous post.)

Again, I sincerely apologize for the disorder I brought to this tournament ---- Kerry, I miserably failed my promise to you, buddy :( ---- But for all the friends and "enemies" here ----
I WILL BE BACK! :devil:

:)

I will try to see you guys in the battlefield as soon as I can! :salute:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well said ER! :salute:

With that being the case it opens up the way for a bunch of players to jump over him in points & make it into the Championship Match.

The tenative start date for Rd 6 (Championship round) is May 16th.

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ER_Chaser said:
(p.s.: even if I had time to play Nemesis Lead, I would have more chances to lose anyway ---- he is a better player :) )
ER--part of me was relieved that I didn't have to play you. You fought a really tough defense in the draw that I had versus you and I doubt I would have been able to push you out of a city with many heavy buildings!

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Whats the end date for this now?

I for one would like more time, Mike and I are progressing as fast as we can, but because of the nature of this map turns take quite some time for me.

Not sure who else is still playing?

KG_Cloghaun

Oberste Befehlshaber
Reaction score
I would like more time as well. Gaz & I are taking advantage of the extra time that's been given. We have been flying through turns at a record pace. (for us anyway).
I apologize for the slow start in this round, it was entirely my fault, but with the tournament lasting as long as it has, we are all bound to hit these slow stretches.

However I will abide by whatever decision is made.