BB Top 16 Round 5

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
No, it wasn't me ... :p

For the sake of a holiday season, I will tell you who it was, it was a nun.

there were 4 nuns, who worked very hard (maybe too hard) for the year so that at the year end, they asked the priest for a short break. Granted by the good kind priest, they had a wonderful holiday and came back on time in the morning to the priest.

Yet, the first nun said, "Father, I am sorry that I did watch an R-rated movie last night." The priest looked up into the sky and prayed for a few seconds and said, "It is ok, my child, go drink some of the holy water and you will be fine." So she went and drank. But strangly, the priest noticed that the 4th nun was smiling.

Now the second nun came up and said, "I am sorry that not only did I get drunk last night, but I drove and run over a dog." Seeing the tears in her eyes, the priest looked up into the sky and prayed for a couple of minutes and told her to drink some holy water and excused her. Now the 4th nun was even giggling. The priest felt strange but did not ask.

The 3rd nun came up and confessed nervously, "Father, I was terrible that I got drunk and run totally nude for the whole night last night!" The shocked priest now prayed for over 10 minutes and finally calmed himself down to ask the sorry kid to drink some holy water and be excused. However, now the last nun was laughing on the floor and could not even stand up.

The priest can't help but asked her curiously, "oh dear, what kind of fun did you have during the break that made you so happy?" After efforts to gather herself together, the 4th nun can bearly speak, "I ... I just did pee in that holy water last night ... "

:p

Wish you all a happy and healthy holiday season ... :love:

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Well you got it now - its sometimes a little annoying that you cannot see the other setup before you create yours, as in, the first person to send off the setup gets to see what the other side has before creating their setup...

Ah well :)

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tripps said:
...its sometimes a little annoying that you cannot see the other setup before you create yours, Ah well :)
That would be a bit "unfair" now would it not? :p

Besides I like to think about all of the players that go- "oh sh**" when they realize their side one setup sucks as they see what they are up against vs side two's position / setup! :argh:
:whist: :laugh:

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Palantir said:
That would be a bit "unfair" now would it not? :p

Besides I like to think about all of the players that go- "oh sh**" when they realize their side one setup sucks as they see what they are up against vs side two's position / setup! :argh:
:whist: :laugh:
Yeah but maybe it encourages slow starts?

for example, you have 3 players in a POD match, player A stalls on the setup, player C sends his, player A can now go through what he's up against and deploy appropriately, player B then checks out his setup and deploys, sends to player C who goes 'ahhh crap!'
So, if your playing, best to be the slowest starter, otherwise you get the short end of the stick.
Not really the best possible situation is it?

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
you should sync on the time when you send the files.

Actually to be fair, all should have their setups ready before exchanging the files. Just send out a notification on completion of your setup 1 to your opponent(s). And wait until all finished, and then the next round of email should set up a single all-agreed-upon time to exchange the files together. That way, there is no such issues.

NiG

Reaction score
In a lovely 3 bedroom terrace just a stone's throw
Country
ll
I agree...

I completely agree with this assessment of the situation.

A synched start would be difficult to manage and the only solution I can think of for this would be that we all send our start-ups to the tourney organiser and when he has all of them for a pod, he send them on.

*we all know Kerry doesn't have that much to do* :whist:

A simpler solution would be to provide a screen shot of the opponents setup areas so the initial deployement can be planned with at least a little knowledge.

Although, you could argue that we shouldn't necessarily know where the enemy is coming from. I'm talking about introducing this to prevent the slower player gaining the advantage.

I like option 1 best.... :laugh: no really... I do!... Kerry could issue a penalty to the slowest player if it comes in after a certain date (agreed in advance). :devil:

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
well, it does not have to be Kerry. For example, you can send all the files to me (except my opponent), and since I do not have any of those pwds, I could not look at them anyways. But I can make sure all the files were there and then distribute them to the proper opponents. It is not a big deal for me to do, indeed.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually I was hoping that the players would be honest & trustworthy and not take advantage of the situation. :halo:

It's hard to get all the files in sync in a POD, but my having to try and keep track of which "new" file goes to who and when would drive me crazy! :nuts:

The "Setup file is ready to be sent" idea / email sounds like a good way to go. :)

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Its not just for PODS, 2 person battles as well.
I know in the past some people have agreed to send a 'dummy' setup to each other so they can do their other side deployment.
Thats the other option.
I only bring this up cos i'm player C in the above example :)
Not blaming NiG or anyone for dubious play, he might of sent his setup off already, I'm just stating whats going on, soemone got to see the German setup before deploying their attacking forces.

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
KG_ThorsHammer said:
I simply suggested to VC that we exchange files at the same time. If you cant trust each other at this level, there is no point in playing.
Exactly, AGcent and me agreed upon the same rule. :)

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tripps said:
I know in the past some people have agreed to send a 'dummy' setup to each other so they can do their other side deployment.
Just to prove that I don't pbem a lot of games- what exactly is a "dummy" setup & how do you do it?:confused:

GAZ NZ

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
A dummy turn ER is when each setup is shown to all parties - ie in a mirrored 3 way game etc everyone see the allies and axis forces you get at the start and deployments.

You dont actually plot the dummy turn you just view it.

It makes it fair to all players.

As some players see all prior to deployment while others see it last after getting the last turn setup.
Its the downside to 3 way matches

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately that makes the scenario even more "exposed."

The only advantage the defender has is that the attacker sets up first not knowing the defenders strength is or positions are, and that he knows the strength of the attacker. The Attackers advantage is deciding where to place his main units & make his main thrust. he can then (after seeing the defenders side) alter his attack path if he so desires.

Not perfect by a long means but still "equal" and it gives some initial "mystery" to the game.