BB TM

antony.marsh

Reaction score
Country
ll
What happens to Canadian units that do not attain a Tactical Location at the end of scenario one? Are they all Isolated and on Low Ammo? Cheers

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
If they are not in a Tactical Location, they may well be in a TAC (<= 2 hexes from a Tactical Location). If not, they are likely in Uncontrolled Terrain, and during the ConPh will attempt to relocate into the nearest TAC. There is a minor chance however that they find themselves within a German TAC, and likewise will have to attempt relocation to the nearest friendly TAC, or be Isolated.

BB/KBR are the only LCP TMs I have yet to play, but a quick glance at the map yields these observations.....
  1. The A-T Ditch is an entrenchment with each hex counting as a TacLoc.
  2. The hexes with 3 road crossings are TacLocs as well.
  3. One thing I have learned from the other TMs closely mirrors the reality of combat. About Turn 5, no later than Turn 6, start digging! It is rare (dr 1) to roll out on T6, but even so you have T5/6/7(?) Prep Fire Phs to form yourself up a line. If they are 5 hexes from each other, they 'connect'.

antony.marsh

Reaction score
Country
ll
If they are not in a Tactical Location, they may well be in a TAC (<= 2 hexes from a Tactical Location). If not, they are likely in Uncontrolled Terrain, and during the ConPh will attempt to relocate into the nearest TAC. There is a minor chance however that they find themselves within a German TAC, and likewise will have to attempt relocation to the nearest friendly TAC, or be Isolated.

BB/KBR are the only LCP TMs I have yet to play, but a quick glance at the map yields these observations.....
  1. The A-T Ditch is an entrenchment with each hex counting as a TacLoc.
  2. The hexes with 3 road crossings are TacLocs as well.
  3. One thing I have learned from the other TMs closely mirrors the reality of combat. About Turn 5, no later than Turn 6, start digging! It is rare (dr 1) to roll out on T6, but even so you have T5/6/7(?) Prep Fire Phs to form yourself up a line. If they are 5 hexes from each other, they 'connect'.
Thanks for that. Good to have someone else's input. I am aware of all the points you raise but am still not sure what happens to the Canadian units that have no TAC/TL. Interesting that you suggest from previous experience that digging is the answer, however I wasn't really aware of that at the beginning. Very different from RedBarricades! Cheers

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If not in a TL/TAC

1. If behind FEBA and fail to redeploy = Elimination
  2. If Isolated and does not redeploy = Isolated & Ammo Shortage
  3. If in No Man's land must redeploy and either makes it to Friendly FEBA or Isolated
  4. If in Friendly FEBA = OK
A couple points on TL/TAC
1. Tactical Areas of Control (TAC): All hexes/locations < 2 hexes from any friendly held Tactical Location. Each hex within the TAC is controlled Terrain for the side that controls the Tactical Location [EXC: No-Man’s Land].

2. Tactical Location: Each hex/location containing a building, rubble, bridge, ford, pillbox, or entrenchment; a hex that contains > 3 Road hexsides, and any a hex that contains > 3 contiguous Wall, Bocage, or Hedge hexsides. If a common hexside is claimed by both sides, the side that has Wall Advantage controls that hexside.

3. Friendly Map Edge (FME): The north map edge is the Canadian player’s Friendly Map Edge and the south map edge is the German player’s Friendly Map Edge. A FME hex is considered a Tactical Location.

antony.marsh

Reaction score
Country
ll
If not in a TL/TAC

1. If behind FEBA and fail to redeploy = Elimination
  2. If Isolated and does not redeploy = Isolated & Ammo Shortage
  3. If in No Man's land must redeploy and either makes it to Friendly FEBA or Isolated
  4. If in Friendly FEBA = OK
A couple points on TL/TAC
1. Tactical Areas of Control (TAC): All hexes/locations < 2 hexes from any friendly held Tactical Location. Each hex within the TAC is controlled Terrain for the side that controls the Tactical Location [EXC: No-Man’s Land].

2. Tactical Location: Each hex/location containing a building, rubble, bridge, ford, pillbox, or entrenchment; a hex that contains > 3 Road hexsides, and any a hex that contains > 3 contiguous Wall, Bocage, or Hedge hexsides. If a common hexside is claimed by both sides, the side that has Wall Advantage controls that hexside.

3. Friendly Map Edge (FME): The north map edge is the Canadian player’s Friendly Map Edge and the south map edge is the German player’s Friendly Map Edge. A FME hex is considered a Tactical Location.
Thanks George. The big help here was pointing out that the FME is a TL. One other issue before I delve into Redeployment. On scenario two, 8.30- if the German front line roughly follows the anti-tank ditch can German RG set up in any buildings in the village or did they have to be physically controlled by a unit at some point to become a TAC? Cheers

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
German must set up in TAC, but they should already control the buildings at the start of the game; Elements III/SS-PzGren Regiment 26, supported by II/SS-Panzer Regiment 12, SS-Panzer Division 12 Hitlerjugend [ELR: 5] set up on any hex with a grid coordinate > 5

ConPh D5.12 Control Prior to THE Initial TM Scenario: That side controls all Tactical Locations within a side’s Initial set up area.

antony.marsh

Reaction score
Country
ll
German must set up in TAC, but they should already control the buildings at the start of the game; Elements III/SS-PzGren Regiment 26, supported by II/SS-Panzer Regiment 12, SS-Panzer Division 12 Hitlerjugend [ELR: 5] set up on any hex with a grid coordinate > 5

ConPh D5.12 Control Prior to THE Initial TM Scenario: That side controls all Tactical Locations within a side’s Initial set up area.
I understand that this applies to the Initial Scenario but what about Scenario Two. Are all of the buildings still under German control? Cheers

antony.marsh

Reaction score
Country
ll
Okay, cheers George. Just clearing up one or two issues. Thanks for the quick reply.
On Purple Heart Draw now but a general question. A squad successfully redeploys from a TL, a building, which stands in NoMansLand. Is control lost or can a control marker remain on the building? If it is still controlled can new reinforcements set up there? I'm guessing no to both as neither are within the FEBA. Hope this makes sense. Cheers for any help.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A TL is controlled by the side that last controlled it. In most cases the German has control of most of the TL until the Americans take control. So a TL can not be in No-Man's Land, but rather it would be Isolated

antony.marsh

Reaction score
Country
ll
A TL is controlled by the side that last controlled it. In most cases the German has control of most of the TL until the Americans take control. So a TL can not be in No-Man's Land, but rather it would be Isolated
I think I get it. If a squad in a building, a TL, that sits within NoMansLand decides to redeploy which it does successfully, can the building be marked with a marker or has control been lost? Cheers