Bazooka's against guns

Chris NL

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Hello,

Is it posible to fire a BAZ to a gun to destroy it? and how it is done if it can.

13.43 TO KILL: Once a hit has been scored vs a vehicular target, it is resolved on the C7.33 HEAT To Kill Table using either the BAZ 43 or the BAZ 44+ column, depending on the time frame of the scenario; vs an unarmored target, a hit is resolved on the 8 column of the IFT (see 8.31).

thx Chris

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also see C11.6 Gun Destruction Table,right next to the AT gun, upper right side on the ‘C’ chart.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
See also C11.51, "HEAT destroys a Gun using the same mechanics an an HE hit, except that it uses HE Equivalency (8.31)."

JR

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Basically if you hit and roll eyes it’s dead and if you roll a three it’s malfuntioned with a k/2 on the crew, then the the gun shield kicks in... remember to take target size into account.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Need to be behind a wall or inside a building?

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Do you have to roll on the IFT if you got a snake eyes in TH?
Can it be a dud or it is an automatic kill?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Do you have to roll on the IFT if you got a snake eyes in TH?
Can it be a dud or it is an automatic kill?
A critical hit automatically destroys a gun without rolling an effects DR. A dud only applies against vehicles, i.e. as Klas says only on TK DRs. Typically a twelve on the effects DR is NE anyway when used with HEAT against infantry/guns, but it might still have an effect if the caliber is big enough and/or the attack is a critical hit.

JR

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Thanks to both of you. Im prone to dud ammo (sabotage! )... But I understand now that I mixed vehicles and guns, and they are not the same!!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think even with a CH you still have yo roll on the IFT. You will still destroy the gun and crew but need to roll for SAN.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
If there are other possible targets when a CH is rolled.. do the targets need to roll RS first to check the unit affected by the CH? Or may the gun be selected automatically as the target of the CH?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I think even with a CH you still have yo roll on the IFT. You will still destroy the gun and crew but need to roll for SAN.
I think I would invoke A14.1, "Any such DR that can yield no game result other than a SAN is not made." That might not be right, but I would put it out there.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If there are other possible targets when a CH is rolled.. do the targets need to roll RS first to check the unit affected by the CH? Or may the gun be selected automatically as the target of the CH?
A PF may choose a Gun as its target after a hit [C13.31], including after a CH, but I don't believe any other weapon can.

JR